1879-s $1 Morgan Silver Dollar Ngc Ms68 Gem Graded San Francisco Lustrous Coin
This item has been shown 72 times.
1879-s $1 Morgan Silver Dollar Ngc Ms68 Gem Graded San Francisco Lustrous Coin:
- Below NGC list price!
- ONLY 1 graded higher, at MS68+
- Gorgeous Luster
- FREE INSURED SHIPPING
- 100% RISK FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Click on image for larger view
Due to current Minnesota legislation, we are
unable to ship to Minnesota addresses until July 1, 2019.
1879-S $1 Morgan Dollar
graded MS68 by NGC
(images will open in new tab/window)
This is an exquisite 1879-S $1 Morgan Silver Dollar. It graded an extremely impressive MS68 by NGC. The fields are incredibly smooth and the devices are razor sharp. The original mint luster is outstanding. The peripherals on the obverse and reverse are toned with hues of citrine, poppy, and some slight teal. This is a very uniquely beautiful Silver Dollar that will delight any collector.
This beautiful San Francisco Silver Dollar is among the finest of the 1879-S mintage. Current NGC census shows ONLY 1 graded higher, it graded at MS68+ and has a list price of $21,750.
NGC lists the 1879-S Morgan MS68
valued at $5,250
NGC census shows
ONLY 1 higher, at MS68+
Own it today from a
Top Rated Seller
with a 100% positive response score of over 9,500
and a PNG dealer
with 50+ years of experience!
* Any comparative pricing and population values were current at the time this listing was created. Pricing and pop values are subject to change. Please contact us for the most current price/pop information.
100% RISK FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE*
We are so confident that our products are the highest quality and normally better than the descriptions and pictures in our listings that we will pay shipping BOTH WAYS and give you a full 30 days to inspect the numismatic coins or rarities for yourself. Rest assured that every numismatic product you purchase from Mint State Gold must meet YOUR strict standards or we'll take it back and issue a FULL REFUND. No questions, no fine print, no re-stocking fees... If you are unhappy for any reason just send it back for a full refund of your purchase price! Period!
Customer satisfaction is the #1 priority!
- FREE SHIPPING TO YOU
All items within the U.S. include free, insured shipping.
- 30 DAY EVALUATION
Take your time and check out your merchandise up close and personal
and see for yourself that it is everything we say it is!
- FREE SHIPPING BACK TO US
If for ANY reason you are not 100% thrilled with your purchase
just let us know and we'll send you return shipping instructions forpre-paid return shipping
(note:shipping fees incurred for returns that do not follow our return shippinginstructions will not be reimbursed)
- NO RESTOCKING FEE
Many companies charge a "re-stocking fee" for returned products...
Mint State Golddoes not!
No fine print... Love it or send it back!
- FULL REFUND OF YOUR PURCHASE PRICE
As soon as we receive your returned item (remember WE pay the return shipping costs)
we will refund your purchase price in full!
NO hassles, NO excuses, NO delays...
Love it or your money back. Period!
* NOTE: 30 DAY RETURN POLICY APPLIES TO NUMISMATIC ITEMS ONLY. BULLION ITEMS ARE BASED ON DAILY MARKET PRICES AND THEREFORE BULLION PRODUCTS CANNOT BE RETURNED.PNG membership is an honor and privilege restricted to
the world's most highly respected rare coin and precious metal dealers. About the Professional Numismatists Guild (PNG):
- PNG’s Code of Ethics and Standards for membership require that PNG only accept the most ethical professionals as members
- Every PNG member MUST adhere to the strict Code of Ethics and Standards set forth by PNG
- Admittance to PNG is voted upon by the PNG membership
- All PNG members are subject to binding arbitration by their peers should a dispute arise with clients, saving clients legal fees
- PNG Collector's Bill of Rights (see below)
I highly recommend that all buyers, for their own protection and peace of mind, ONLY purchase coins or precious metals from sellers that are PNG members.
PNG member #334
- PNG member since 1982
- Currently sits on the PNG Board of Directors; elected to the Board in 2009
- 1982 co-founder of The Industry Council for Tangible Assets (ICTA) and current member of ICTA Board of Directors. ICTA serves as the national trade association for all dealers, collectors, and investors
- ElectedAmerican Numismatic Association (ANA)President for the 2007-2009 term and in the eight years prior, he served as Vice President, and sat on the association's Board of Directors. The ANA is the world's largest numismatic organization, with over 30,000 members
- Current President of the California Coin and Bullion Merchants Association (CCBMA)
- Founded Stuppler & Company, Inc. (MintStateGold.com's parent company) in 1995
- One of the nation's most well known and highly respected coin dealers
- 50+ year veteran in the rare coin & precious metal community
To reaffirm PNG’s commitment to collectors and the numismatic fraternity, the Professional Numismatists Guild has adopted a “Collector’s Bill of Rights.” This ten-point pledge of consumer protection and education puts extra security into the hands of collectors, letting them know they can do business in the way it should be done --- in a professional manner and with dealers of the highest integrity, who will stand behind the merchandise they sell.
The Professional Numismatists Guild is proud to present this pledge to the numismatic community:
WE PLEDGE TO:
- Not misrepresent rarity, value or quality of items sold
- Not use high pressure sales tactics
- Never knowingly buy or sell stolen items, and assist authorities in the recovery of such items
- Not sell counterfeit, altered or repaired items without full disclosure to the buyer
- Not misrepresent the investment potential of items being sold
- Pay reasonable prices and pay promptly for items purchased from clients
- Promptly deliver items sold to clients
- Do our best to educate our clients or direct them to resources
- Give research and information to clients about items they purchase or inquire about, when requested
- Submit to PNG arbitration in any unresolved dispute and aoffere by the arbitrator's decision
Visit the PNG page for more info: PNG page
CoinStats is the best investment tool for rare coin investors
Exclusively for clients of Mint State Gold (a div of Stuppler & Co)
CoinStats is an investment tool that enables numismatic investors and collectors to maximize their return when selecting rare coins. Through in-depth statistical analysis of popular rare coin series, CoinStats identifies the best Value Coins in certified rare coins. We are proud to offer this unique and outstanding investment tool exclusively to our clients.
Why is CoinStats so helpful to rare coin investors?
Since 1960, our President and Founder, Barry Stuppler, has been helping develop numismatic investment strategies for thousands of highly successful rare coin investors and collectors. About 15 years ago, based on speaking with a number of rare coin investors who were also active in the stock market, Barry realized that there were many similarities between identifying undervalued stocks and undervalued rare coins. He realized that the similarities between stocks and rare coins could be helpful in forming numismatic investment strategies if he could just harvest and properly formulate the needed information. That’s when CoinStats was born.
Barry started out with the “market capitalization” (market cap) of each coin in the five most popular series of rare U.S. Gold and Silver coins.
For stocks: market cap = number of shares outstanding X price per share.
For Rare Coins: market cap = population X price.
Population is determined by the number of coins graded by NGC, plus the number of coins graded by PCGS; Price is based on the PCGS current list price.
Value Coins are undervalued coins. The first step in identifying undervalued coins is comparing the market cap of coins based on the formula above. CoinStats then goes on to compare the decrease in population of the next higher grade, to the increase in price of that grade. The largest percentage of decrease in population for the next higher grade, combined with the highest percentage increase in price, identifies the Value Coins.
CoinStats Investment Results
As collectors and investors are priced out of the market for the next higher grade, their attention turns to these Value Coins, and the Value Coins prices take off. CoinStats has consistently helped investors outperform even the overall market in investment-quality coins for the past 15 years.
CoinStats is provided FREE of charge to all current clients!
Stuppler & Company (parent company of Mint State Gold) is pleased to provide all current clients with a free copy of our current issue of CoinStats. If you would like to learn more about how CoinStats can help with your numismatic investments, please call us toll free at 888-454-0444with the series of your choice from the list below. Our highly experienced numismatist advisors are available to answer any questions regarding CoinStats and look forward to assisting you with your coin investment portfolio.
Available CoinStats Series:
- $20 Gold Saint Gaudens
- $20 Gold Liberties
- Morgan Silver Dollars
- Peace Silver Dollars
- Walking Liberty Half Dollars
- $10 Gold Indians
A PQ (Premium Quality) sticker is awarded to rare coins that pass a strict grading standard created by Barry Stuppler, a well-known and highly respected dealer with over 50 years of experience in the numismatic industry. The founder of the PQ Approved sticker, Mr. Barry Stuppler, is a former President of the American Numismatic Association, the country’s largest coin association, where he focused on consumer protection. Barry is also one of the original supporters of the first major grading service, The Professional Coin and Grading Service (PCGS). Barry has a long history of helping collectors and investors to build several of the highest quality and most expensive collections of investment quality rare coins in the world!
Based on Barry’s experience and expertise he has developed a stringent set of grading standards for PCGS/NGC capsulated coins that when met, those exceptional coins are awarded the esteemed GOLD PQ STICKER. The stringent standards for being awarded a GOLD PQ STICKER are based on the strong desirability of these coins to both beginning and experienced collectors/investors in rare coins. Buyers have shown they want well-struck rare coins that have brilliant surfaces and no planchet problems or die defects. This criteria is not considered by other services that offer stickers, and makes finding a coin with a GOLD PQ STICKER a true beauty to have.
When a coin is given the honor of a PQ sticker it ensures that a collector/investor is buying only the highest quality coin, which historically has proven to offer the best appreciation and liquidity compared to similar non-PQ graded coins.
For details, population reports, and coin submission information, please visit the PQ Approved website at www.PQApproved.com.
What is CAC?
CAC (Certified Acceptance Corporation) is a prestigious certification awarded to coins that meet a set of grading standards set by John Albanese with regards to the coins originality. Mr. Albanese is the founder of CAC, a leading member of the numismatic community, and an authority on coin grading.
Why buy a CAC coin?
For quality-conscious collectors, dealers, and investors, a green CAC sticker on an encapsulated coin has significant meaning and CAC coins often command a premium over their contemporary counterparts.
- Must have verified paypal account with confirmed shipping address.
- Paypal e-Check:
- Allow 3-5 days to clear.
- Credit and Debit cards:
- Subject to bank specified transaction limits on Credit/Debit card purchases.
- 5–10 business day holding period for new credit card customers.
- All Credit Card transactions are subject to internal approval policies.
- Bullion payments must be initiated within 24 hours of order (or the next business day)
- We reserve the right to cancel bullion transactions if not paid within 24 hours or by the next business day.
All orders in the continental U.S. include FREE INSURED shipping
- Orders under $5,000 are shipped via USPS.
- Orders over $5,000 are shipped either USPS or UPS.
- Shipping method is our choice based on products and order totals.
- If you prefer a particular shipping method, please contact us. We do our best to accommodate special requests, however, extra charges may apply.
- Due to insurance requirements, some methods of shipment may not be available for some orders
- Please include your phone number with your payment to expedite shipment and delivery of your order.
Requirements and Limitations
- We are sorry, but we cannot ship to APO or NPO addresses.
Shipping days and Handling time
- Orders are processed within 1 business day of cleared payment.
- Shipping Days are Mon - Fri (except for Federal Holidays)
All of our numismatic products shipped to the USA are backed with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Check our 100% positive response and offer with confidence.
- We haven't built our business on clients keeping coins they're unhappy with.
If you are unsatisfied with your numismatic purchase for any reason:
- Contact us within 30 days of receipt of all numismatic item(s)
- For items OVER $500 we will send you a pre-paid return shipping label, or instructions for returning the item pre-paid.
- Shipping fees incurred for returns of items priced over $500 will not be reimbursed if our return shippinginstructions are not followed.
- For items UNDER $500 buyer pays all return shipping costs and is not reimbursed for them.
We do not accept returns on bullion items
- Bullion items are priced according to daily market rates. As such, we cannot accept returns of bullion items.
- We often buy back bullion items at current market prices (exclusions apply)
- Please contact us if you have a bullion item you would like to sell back to us
- Orders totaling $1,501 or more are exempt from CA Sales tax
- Purchases can be combined to reach a total of $1,501
Mint State Gold (a division of Stuppler & Company)
5855 Topanga Canyon Blvd. Ste.410
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Office Hours: Mon - Fri 9:30am - 5pm
After hours you may email us or call and leave a message. We will reply to emails and return phone calls the next business day during office hours.