1893 A World's Fair Mystery. Extremely Rare Pc Game, Seen It For $105 For SaleThis very rare PC text adventure game features the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. The game is copyright 2002 by The Illuminated Lantern(!). This game has tons of photos and information about the World's Fair and really transports you back to that time and place. There are many puzzles throughout. It's a little like a Sherlock Holmes type adventure game in its detail and scope.
The cardboard jewel case shows some wear. The disc itself is perfect. It has been played once by an adult and comes from a smoke-free home. An unusual addition to any PC game collection. Below is a little more info about the game. Thanks for checking out my sale. A theft on the fairgrounds! Precious diamonds stolen from the Kimberly Diamond Mining Exhibit! An urgent telegram from your old partner arrives, requesting your help to solve the mystery. How can you refuse? And besides, you've been dying to see the wonder of the age everyone has been talking about, this Columbian Exposition. And so, dossier in hand, you take the next train to Chicago. But this is no simple theft. And as theft turns to kidnapping, and kidnapping to murder, you find yourself at the center of a plot the extent of which you can only begin to imagine...The real star of the game is the amazing scope and attention to detail. The author went to great lengths to describe every little detail of the World's Fair, so much so that you can easily visualize the scenes. As if that is not enough, there are hundreds of historical photographs, and even some excellent music and sound effects to immerse you even further. System requirements:
1893: AWFM is designed to be played on any Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP system. It can also be played on MacOs, using an additional piece of software called HyperTADS, included on the CD in the Mac folder. Instructions for setup and installation are included in readme files on the CD.
BRAND NEW JEWEL CASE VERSION
NEVER PLAYED [*this was a retail store floor copy, *NEVER BEEN PLAYED* However, the disc was removed once and put in apaper-sleeve and held behind the counter for protection and safe keeping. When the store was closed we placed them back into there original jewel box and place them in storage. Now we are liquidating them all! however the outer box AND MANUAL was lost in the process]
GUARANTEED TO PLAYCheck back with us daily we are listing about 50 classic titles everyday! We have over 1000 brand new games to list! Hello and Welcome to our store !
· If you have a question about this Game, please write us and we will respond right away.
· The Game pictured is the Game you will be receiving. Please make sure this game is compatible with your computer.
· This Game comes inside the jewel / paper case. · This Game is an original disc.
· The Game is shipped bubble wrapped to ensure a safe delivery during transit.
· We ship 6 days a week, handling time is only ONE business day.
· If you purchase international, please expect from 7-28 days for delivery. Depends on customs.
· We strive to maintain a 5 star ranking and exceptional response. If a product does not meet your expectations, please contact us first and we will always fix the situation. Includes everything just like brand new! Case, and almost brand new disk! (MINT) I made sure they work prior to listing! Any problems full refund! Buy with confidence!
This item has been shown times.