October 23rd, 2014 Diwali/Deepavali October 24th, 2014 World Development Information Day October 24th, 2014 United Nations Day October 25th, 2014 Muharram/Islamic New Year October 27th, 2014 World Day for Audiovisual Heritage October 29th, 2014 World Stroke Day October 31st, 2014 Nevada Day October 31st, 2014 Halloween November 1st, 2014 All Saints November 1st, 2014 All Saints' Day November 2nd, 2014 Daylight Saving Time ends November 2nd, 2014 All Souls' Day November 4th, 2014 Election Day November 6th, 2014 Return Day Delaware November 6th, 2014 World Day to Protect the Environment in War November 10th, 2014 World Science Day November 11th, 2014 Veterans Day November 14th, 2014 World Diabetes Day November 16th, 2014 International Day for Tolerance November 16th, 2014 World Day for Road Traffic Victims November 19th, 2014 International Men's Day November 20th, 2014 Africa Industrialization Day November 20th, 2014 World Philosophy Day November 20th, 2014 Universal Children's Day November 21st, 2014 World Television Day
Click to View Image Album
Click to View Image Album
The 2 World's Columbian Exposition Wild East 25 Cent Admission Tickets (red, Concession 257)offered here admitted a visitor to enjoy the highly entertaining Wild East Showcase of Middle Eastern Culture on the Midway Plaisance.
Wild East Tickets are considered very scarce today.However, I have only observed 1 pair of consecutively numbered Wild East tickets on since its inception.Heritage sales sold 2 different Wild East tickets in one of its sales several years ago.*Picture of Midway Plaisance not includedThe World's Columbian Exposition was held from May 1st to October 30th 1893 in Chicago.
For most visitors, this largest of all World's Fairs was their first opportunity to experience different cultures and the vast array of manufactured and agricultural products exhibited by over 10,000 different companies.
On the Midway Plaisance, they were greeted with 100's of concessions, some of them quite exotic, such as: The Ferris Wheel, The Streets of Cairo, Blarney Castle, Java Village, Libbey Glass Works and many others. Each offered an array of souvenirs which were eagerly gobbled up to be cherished by generations to come.
Concession tickets, as opposed to Admission Tickets were issued by most attractions on the Midway Plaisance and could be used for admission to an attraction or to purchase souvenirs inside, such as the Ferris Wheel, the Columbian Ice Railway, the Intramural Electric Railway, Cairo Street, the Java Village, Hagenbecks Arena, the Libby Glass Building, the Hale Elevator, the , the International House of Beauty, and the German Village among others (the Official Directory of the Columbian Exposition (1893) lists attractions for which tickets were issued on pg. 194-196). All of these tickets are considered scarce to extremely rare today, as they were collected upon admission and therefore most were not saved.
Another type of ticket (designated by concession #), was used generally to purchase souvenirs and refreshments from vendors along the Midway.
Also, included in this category are the reservations, and receipts issued by the Columbian Rolling Chair Co. to contract for the use of a rolling chair with or without and attendant. Rolling Chair concessions were located at strategic points along the Midway.
All tickets are in extremely fine condition and have no tears or creases.
Columbian Exposition tickets are avidly sought after today by a growing number of World's Fair collectors; perhaps, inspired by the publication of Erik Larson's recent best selling book about the serial murderer, Dr. H. H. Holmes who terrorized Chicago during the World's Fair.
Back to Top
I accept the following forms of payment:
Shipping & Handling
Back to Top
$0.00 USPS First-Class Mail®
Back to Top
Please observe the following rules when you offer
1. Items are described to the best of our ability and we always try to note flaws and details. In case something is overlooked completely on our part, we will assume responsibility accordingly! Please contact us by email within 24 hours of receipt and return the item within 3 days after receiving a return authorization. No returns will be accepted without authorization.
2. For your convenience, EasyDrop accepts PayPal.
3. ALL International buyers must use PayPal for payment.
4. If you have an response record of less than 10, please contact me by email prior to offerding. Otherwise, you may find that I will cancel your offer, and then contact you.
5. If there are any issues with your purchase or you are not satisfied in any way with our transaction- PLEASE let us know prior to posting response and give us a chance to respond! EasyDrop, in turn, will post negative response only for nonpayment or fraud.
6. All items are shipped via USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation and Global priority mail unless otherwise indicated in the lot description.
FREE scheduling, supersized images and templates. Get Vendio Sales Manager.Make your listings stand out with FREE Vendio custom templates!
FREE scheduling, supersized images and templates. Get Vendio Sales Manager.
Over 100,000,000 served. Get FREE counters from Vendio today!