December 24th, 2014 Last day of Chanukah December 24th, 2014 Christmas Eve December 25th, 2014 Christmas Day December 26th, 2014 Kwanzaa December 31st, 2014 New Year's Eve January 1st, 2015 New Year's Day January 3rd, 2015 Prophet's Birthday January 6th, 2015 Epiphany January 7th, 2015 Orthodox Christmas Day January 13th, 2015 Stephen Foster Memorial Day January 14th, 2015 Orthodox New Year January 16th, 2015 Lee Jackson Day January 19th, 2015 Civil Rights Day January 19th, 2015 Idaho Human Rights Day January 19th, 2015 Confederate Memorial Day January 19th, 2015 Martin Luther King Day January 19th, 2015 Robert E Lee's Birthday
Click to View Image Album
Click to View Image Album
The Strip of 4World's Columbian Exposition Return Ticketsoffered here was given to visitors, most likely members of a group or family, who desired to leave and re-enter the Exposition Fairgrounds on the same day.Although single tickets are considered common today, a strip of tickets, is most definitely NOT common.Upon return, these tickets would be punch-cancelled and are scarcer today uncancelled.An uncancelled strip is rare and I have only observed 3-4 Return Ticket Strips on since its inception.*Picture of Midway Plaisance not includedThe World's Columbian Exposition was held from May 1st to October 30th 1893 in Chicago.
For most visitors, this largest of all World's Fairs was their first opportunity to experience different cultures and the vast array of manufactured and agricultural products exhibited by over 10,000 different companies.
On the Midway Plaisance, they were greeted with 100's of concessions, some of them quite exotic, such as: The Ferris Wheel, The Streets of Cairo, Blarney Castle, Java Village, Libbey Glass Works and many others. Each offered an array of souvenirs which were eagerly gobbled up to be cherished by generations to come.
Concession tickets, as opposed to Admission Tickets were issued by most attractions on the Midway Plaisance and could be used for admission to an attraction or to purchase souvenirs inside, such as the Ferris Wheel, the Columbian Ice Railway, the Intramural Electric Railway, Cairo Street, the Java Village, Hagenbecks Arena, the Libby Glass Building, the Hale Elevator, the , the International House of Beauty, and the German Village among others (the Official Directory of the Columbian Exposition (1893) lists attractions for which tickets were issued on pg. 194-196). All of these tickets are considered scarce to extremely rare today, as they were collected upon admission and therefore most were not saved.
Another type of ticket (designated by concession #), was used generally to purchase souvenirs and refreshments from vendors along the Midway.
Also, included in this category are the reservations, and receipts issued by the Columbian Rolling Chair Co. to contract for the use of a rolling chair with or without and attendant. Rolling Chair concessions were located at strategic points along the Midway.
All tickets are in extremely fine condition and have no tears or creases.
Columbian Exposition tickets are avidly sought after today by a growing number of World's Fair collectors; perhaps, inspired by the publication of Erik Larson's recent best selling book about the serial murderer, Dr. H. H. Holmes who terrorized Chicago during the World's Fair.
Back to Top
I accept the following forms of payment:
Shipping & Handling
Back to Top
$0.00 USPS First-Class Mail®
Back to Top
Please observe the following rules when you offer
1. Items are described to the best of our ability and we always try to note flaws and details. In case something is overlooked completely on our part, we will assume responsibility accordingly! Please contact us by email within 24 hours of receipt and return the item within 3 days after receiving a return authorization. No returns will be accepted without authorization.
2. For your convenience, EasyDrop accepts PayPal.
3. ALL International buyers must use PayPal for payment.
4. If you have an response record of less than 10, please contact me by email prior to offerding. Otherwise, you may find that I will cancel your offer, and then contact you.
5. If there are any issues with your purchase or you are not satisfied in any way with our transaction- PLEASE let us know prior to posting response and give us a chance to respond! EasyDrop, in turn, will post negative response only for nonpayment or fraud.
6. All items are shipped via USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation and Global priority mail unless otherwise indicated in the lot description.
FREE scheduling, supersized images and templates. Get Vendio Sales Manager.Make your listings stand out with FREE Vendio custom templates!
FREE scheduling, supersized images and templates. Get Vendio Sales Manager.
Over 100,000,000 served. Get FREE counters from Vendio today!
This item has been shown 0 times.
1893 Columbian Exposition Uncancelled Strip Of 4 Return Tickets: $188