1894 Print California Midwinter Fair Manufactures Liberal Arts Building Interior
This item has been shown 0 times.
1894 Print California Midwinter Fair Manufactures Liberal Arts Building Interior:
Home ~ Affiliations ~ Discounts ~ FAQs ~ Grading and Certification ~ Premium Shipping ~ About Us Costume Architecture By Brand By Artist Lithographs VINTAGE ART & ADVERTISING CURATED COLLECTIONS 1894 Print California Midwinter Fair Manufactures Liberal Arts Building Interior
- Year: 1894
- Type: Original Halftone Print
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Authentication: Dual Certificates
- Image: Black / White
- Approximate Size (inches): 10.25 x 8
- Approximate Size (cm): 26 x 20
"Interior of Manufactures and Liberal Arts Building."
This is an original 1894 halftone print of the interior of the Manufactures and Liberal Arts Building at the 1894 California International Midwinter Exposition. Photography by I. W. Taber.
Period Paper is pleased to offer a rare collection of original historical halftone prints of scenes of the 1894 California Midwinter International Exposition, together with other more general scenes of California, by noted San Francisco photographer Isaiah West Taber. Also known as the "Midwinter Exposition" or the "Midwinter Fair" this Exposition was a World's Fair, designed to follow the successful 1893 Chicago World's Fair. It was located in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco where it enjoyed a run of six months. Items from this Fair are extremely hard to come by, and this collection will be of great interest to collectors of World's Fair images and memorabilia. Please note: there is a short descriptive bottom caption which is not shown.
This 118+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. No creases. No natural defects. No surface rub. No tears. No water damage. Please note: There is printing on the verso.
To find other items from this specific collection in our store, please click here.
Product Pricing & What We Deliver
At times we receive inquiries about our pricing, especially for vintage advertising or historical halftone prints, and are asked why our prices are consistently higher than some other sellers of similar items. For the first five years of our business, we asked our primary consumer base what they wanted. Our primary consumers - historical societies, historians, archivists, curators, university professors, historical decorators, and collectors, etc., have diverse and specific needs and we've built our business to accommodate those needs, like no other seller worldwide. Below is what is unique about how and what we offer as the world's leader in print ephemera:
- Product Packaging. Every product is placed against custom black acid-free board with crystal-clear, archival protective closures. We are the only sellers in the industry who provide display-quality black boards with every item (which also make exceptional presentations for gift-giving). Oversized engravings are protected by museum quality tubes.
- Product Pictures. Online digital images to evaluate the original products are imaged high resolution, 100% perpendicular, giving the customer the ability to enlarge and see fine details in every listing. This digital imaging is not provided by any other seller of ephemera worldwide. Images captured for posting online come from world-class Nikon imaging systems.
- Product Provenance via Dual Certificates. Period Paper maintains image & text databases to track full provenance for virtually every item in inventory. This requires acquisitions that allow us to document provenance, in-house maintenance of databases, and dissemination of that information to buyers. We provide two certificates, beautifully printed on linen stock. Most buyers mount one on the back of a framed item, and keep the other filed for reference.
- Product Acquisition. Period Paper only acquires common items in the very best condition. However, our specialty is procuring rare items, which makes up 80% of our inventory versus other sellers. Over 100,000 items available from Period Paper are not available from any other seller in the world. While it may not change the quality of a simple halftone print, it changes its rarity and raw costs. For vintage advertising, while it might be a common brand, many of our ads were uncommon placements, or trade placements versus consumer, or truly one-of-a-kind placements.
- Product Packaging for Shipping. No one packages and ships an item like Period Paper. We understand the value of the items you purchase. And, over the years, we've built packaging and a reputation for getting items safely to every customer. Regardless of the package destination, each item is packaged as if it's going to a small hut in Siberia by dog sled. It will arrive safely.
Due to our commitment to a premium service model, and with our dedication to providing our consumer base with what they now expect from us (see list above), our prices are higher than most other sellers in this market. Period Paper delivers more, consistently, and with a guarantee that every item is original to the date specified in each listing. It's why over 70,000 consumers have chosen Period Paper as their trusted source for historical and antique print ephemera and art over the last nine years. Thank you for trusting us!You May Also Like
We accept PayPal. You can also use your credit cards through PayPal/.Payment is appreciated within 3 days. Contact us to set up extended payment terms. Sales tax added for all Wisconsin residents.
Product questions, payments, or general inquiries, please contact us.top of page Domestic Shipping
What's so special about our shipping? We package every item to protect against the most destructive handling and Environmental conditions. Shipping 70,000 packages to every corner of the globe has taught us how to guarantee safe delivery via world class packaging that protects against bending, puncture, and water.
We hope you will take a moment to review our response as 4 out of 5 of all our customers comment on the extra care, special packaging, or speed of our shipping. For additional information on our premium shipping and packaging, click here.
- Every item is protected in custom-sealed archival materials with premium acid-free black boards to provide support.
- Every item is packaged and shipped in premium materials to protect your investment. This includes cardboard stiffeners, foam product wrappers, bubble bags to protect against water, and specialty outer shippers.
- Every package is clearly marked with "Fragile" and "Do Not Bend" labels unless it is shipped in a box.
- Oversized engravings and specialty items shipped in museum quality tubes (items larger than 14 x 22 inches only).
- All items are typically shipped within 1 business day after payment is received.
- Please contact us with any questions.
Shipping to International Buyers. We ship over 400 packages every month to more than 40 countries worldwide. We value and appreciate our loyal international customers and guarantee safe arrival of your packages, anywhere in the world. We promise to ship quicly but please understand that we have no control of the customs process and while delays are not common, they do happen. As per policy, we are required to inform you of the following:
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
- Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying.
- These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up, do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
- We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior.
- Please contact us with any questions.
We package every item with care. Experience the difference with Period Paper and let us serve you today.
top of page
Our Commitment to You
In 2013 we continue our commitment to historians, archivists, educators, and collectors worldwide to provide the highest quality products delivered in the most protected and professional manner. We want to exceed your expectations with each and every purchase. We believe in 100% Customer Satisfaction, or, your money back. It's that simple.
Please visit our store as we now carry a world class selection (over 125,000 items) of original Fine Art Prints, Antique Prints, Engravings, Lithographs, Etchings, Vintage Prints Ads, and Important Historical Ephemera dating to the mid 18th century. New collections are released daily.top of page
Welcome to Period Paper. We would like to thank the world community for voting and making Period Paper a two-time Best in Stores winner out of 300,000 stores. Thank you for choosing us and supporting our growth and expansion from 2004 to 2013. Period Paper is now the world leader in original antique prints, vintage advertising, and historical ephemera and serves more than 70,000 customers worldwide. We intend to improve ourselves in 2013 and your purchases, response, suggestions, and personal emails have taught us to deliver the premium product you want, in the way you want it, every time.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP THROUGH FOR OUR NEWSLETTER as we will be sending discount and promotional codes out to our customers and subscribers throughout 2013. Email newsletters include information on upcoming collections, special offers, promotional discount codes, free shipping specials, and pre-sale discount codes. We never send more than 2 emails per month as we respect your busy schedule. We give back to our current customers and those who helped make our business a success by offering these discounts and by delivering a package that exceeds expectations. "THANK YOU" - Troy & Sarah
response POLICY - We leave positive response as quickly as possible, which is usually completed twice weekly. It may take a little longer in some cases as we don't use an automated response system.
top of page