1900 Color Map Alaska W/ Idaho & Washington 14.5 X 22" Geo. Cram For Sale
c. 1900 Color Map - ALASKA (double page) with IDAHO and WASHINGTON (reverse sides).
From a disbound copy of George F. Cram, Unrivaled Atlas of the World, Chicago & NY, 1900.
Handsome map(s) providing an nteresting snapshot of the area(s) just before the turn of the 20th century. Vast areas are still unsettled.
- Bi-fold double-page map printed on sturdy medium-weight stock - measures 14.5 x 22" unfolded.
- Map was bound in on a thin paper strip, so there are no binding marks at the fold (just the fold itself).
- Scale plus latitude and longitude indications.
- Counties, railroad lines, rivers, some landforms, lighthouses, etc.
- List of counties and chief cities in the margin.
- The print does NOT show through from side to side.
- ID and WA maps are 5-color; only 3 colors are needed on the AL map.
The Alaska map shows considerable detail of nearby portions of Canada as well, and the Alaska map has much detail of the surrounding waters, and, of course, the extreme portion of Eastern Siberia.
Note: We did not disbind this atlas, nor do we have the entire atlas.But we do have the front board and title page - see the last photos for reference.
CONDITION: Very Good Plus or better. The fold has residue of the tipped-on binding edge strip - the binding was done on this strip and the map fold is NOT perforated. The binding strip is on the single-page side and does NOT affect the Alaska map. Overall light uniform yellowing shading. The paper is sturdy and NOT brittle. The fold is crisp and without wear. Any of these maps would frame up nicely for display. See the detail photos.
We use accepted bookseller's grading standards: Fine, Near Fine, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor. We grade items conservatively.
SHIPPING: Map is oversized - for International shipping outside the US, please contact us for a quote. Map will be shipped folded, as it was bound in the atlas. We do our best to combine shipping for orders with multiple items.
This item has been shown 200 times.