1900 Gardnerville Nv Nevada (395 Nr Minden) X-rare R-9 "seth's Bar" Brass Token
This item has been shown 0 times.
1900 Gardnerville Nv Nevada (395 Nr Minden) X-rare R-9 "seth's Bar" Brass Token:
You are offerding on a BEAUTIFUL AND EXTREMELY RARE (R-9 IN HADDOCK CATALOG, VERY FEW SPECIMENS KNOWN) old merchant "good for" style trade token which actually is "GOOD FOR 10c IN TRADE" at a business called "SETH'S BAR" (old drinking establishment), which was located in old downtown GARDNERVILLE, Nevada
Not only is this extremely rare, but is a nice looking old token.Tokens from "GARDNERVILLE" just seem tough to find today. The town of Gardnerville is located in Douglas County Nevada, on old highway 395, near sister town of MINDEN Nevada....not too far from Carson City Nevada.
There are a couple of tokens from "Gardnerville" which you see available from time to time....this is NOT one of them....in collecting Nevada tokens for 24 years, this is the FIRST token I have seen from "SETH'S BAR"...and the Haddock book backs that up with R-9 rarity.
This is a beautiful token, with "natural patina" intact. Token is listed in the Nevada token book (Haddock) as catalog #645, which shows R-9 (powder blue shaded). It is about impossible to price tokens like this...the problem is FINDING ONE !!
Trade token is brass, octagonal shaped, about 20mm in diameter at corners, and it displays very nicely.(please see pictures in gallery) Token has not been cleaned in any way.
Gallery pictures should give you all the information you need.
Amazingold R-9 rare "good for" token, once used at the at the "SETH'S BAR" business, located in olddowntown GARDNERVILLE, Nevada.
A very low reserve on this old token, especially considering the rarity.
Thanks so much for looking....collect and invest inhistory!!!!! Tangible assets are always the best ones.
Here are my policies:
1)Per policy.....Paypal isnow the preferred method of payment.(U.S. dollars only)Paypal is welcomed, but email me with any questions you might have about this
2) I will combine shipping for multiple purchases to save winning buyer some money.
3) Payment is required within 7 days of the close of this sale.
4) All International buyers must contact me prior to offerding. I will advise if I can ship to your country, and estimate the costs. (I do not ship to all countries)
5) Idiligently try to package items properly (redundant inner packaging, etc). Ido not seek to profit from shipping, butonly to "do things right".... so you are happy with your purchase when it arrives.
6) Please email if you have questions!!!