March 29th, 2015 Palm Sunday March 30th, 2015 Seward's Day March 31st, 2015 César Chávez Day April 2nd, 2015 Maundy Thursday April 2nd, 2015 Pascua Florida Day April 2nd, 2015 World Autism Awareness Day April 3rd, 2015 Good Friday April 4th, 2015 Holy Saturday April 4th, 2015 First day of Passover April 4th, 2015 United Nations' Mine Awareness Day April 5th, 2015 Easter Sunday April 6th, 2015 Easter Monday April 7th, 2015 United Nations' World Health Day April 7th, 2015 Day to Remember Rwanda Genocide Victims April 10th, 2015 Orthodox Good Friday April 11th, 2015 Last day of Passover April 11th, 2015 Orthodox Holy Saturday April 12th, 2015 Orthodox Easter April 12th, 2015 International Day of Human Space Flight April 13th, 2015 Orthodox Easter Monday April 15th, 2015 Tax Day April 15th, 2015 Father Damien Day April 16th, 2015 Yom HaShoah April 16th, 2015 Emancipation Day April 20th, 2015 Patriot's Day April 21st, 2015 San Jacinto Day April 22nd, 2015 Oklahoma Day April 22nd, 2015 Administrative Professionals Day April 22nd, 2015 Earth Day April 23rd, 2015 World Book and Copyright Day April 23rd, 2015 Yom HaAtzmaut April 24th, 2015 Arbor Day April 25th, 2015 World Malaria Day April 26th, 2015 World Intellectual Property Day April 27th, 2015 Confederate Memorial Day April 28th, 2015 World Day for Safety and Health at Work
1937 Very Tall, Nicely Refinished Rca Model 7t1 "zephyr" Style Tombstone Radio. For Sale
1937 Very Tall, Nicely Refinished RCA model 7T1 "Zephyr" style Tombstone Radio.
1937 Very Tall, Nicely Refinished RCA model 7T1 Tombstone Radio.
Up for offers is a 1937 RCA Victor radio model 7T1 in a tall tombstone cabinet.
Introduced to the public in June 1936, the RCA model7T 1 is a 3 band, 7 tube set (including a magic tuning eye tube) offering the AM broadcast band and two Short Wave bands (530-22,000 kc).
The RCA Victor model 7T 1 tombstone radio cabinet is veneered with striped walnut on the top and sides with beautiful butt walnut in front.
The lower front of the cabinet was nicely refinished by a previous owner while the rest of the cabine finish appears to be original. Theentire cabinet finish is in excellent condition. There are a few minor scuffs from age and a smallchip of veneer missingon the front of the cabinet in the lowerright corner. Topreserve the rest of the veneer at the bottom of the cabinet,I replaced the four worn outrubber tabs attached tothe bottom of the cabinet with newer and more durableversions.
The set has all of its original hardware: grille cloth, plastic dial lens cover and RCA knobs. All are in very good condition. The grille cloth has a couple of small blemishes including a small white streak down the left side. This will probably come off with a light brushing with a toothbrush or other soft bristle tool.
With its side louvres the cabinet is reminiscent of some "Zephyr" styled radio cabinets from the same time period. The multi-colored dial scale gives this radio even more class.
The chassisappears to be untouched and original. When powered up slowly on a variac it hums and there is no reception.
As such it will need the services of a qualified technicianto restore it to good working condition.
The RCA Victor 7T1 cabinet construction is very solid. At one point or another, I have owned the entire 1937 line of RCA tombstone radios and when restored, they all offer a full, rich sound with excellent bass response. This isdue in part to solid cabinet construction and the use of good sized speakers in relation to cabinet size.
Dimensions of this sharp looking radio are: 19 3/4 inches tall, 14 1/4 inches wide and 8 1/4 inches deep.
Check out the color promotional slick from the 1937 RCA Victor radio catalog featuring this set and click on any other picture to bet a better look at a very tall and sharp looking 1937 RCA model 7T1 tombstone radio.
Due to the size of this package, no international shipping is offered.
Read my response! I pack and ship to you, the way I would want you to pack and ship to me. I strive to ensure your entire buying experience rates 5 stars.
Click here to see my other sales.
Payment via PAYPAL to be received within 3 days of the completion of the sale.
Winning buyer has the following delivery options for a well packed shipment from Florida:
1. For delivery to the midwest or east coast via Fed Ex Ground/Home Delivery and insured for full value, add30.50. Shipping to the west coast is least expensivevia USPS Standard,for41.00 .
2. No International Shipping is available for this item.
3. Thisradio may be picked up in Sarasota, FL within 30 days with no charge for storage.
Actual shipping cost is based on the winning buyers actual location and will be determined after the sale.
Please read the “fine print” below!
Thank you for offerding & Good Luck!
1. Questions?? Please contact me BEFORE offerding!
2. As with all used equipment, particularly electronics, this item, unless stated otherwise, is sold as-is with no guarantee expressed or implied.
3. Remember this is an sale and items are NOT shipped on approval. Returns are only accepted where I missed a flaw or my description was inaccurate. The pictures in all my sales are a major part of the sale description. Enlarge and preview them before offerding please.
4. Payment to be received within 3 days of the conclusion of the sale.
5. Winning buyers in the State of Florida add 7% sales tax.
6. All text and pictures in this sale are copyright protected where applicable. I enjoy and take pride in my research and this material may not be physically or electronically reproduced in whole or in part without first obtaining my written consent. If you want to use information you see here, just ask first! Thank you in advance for your consideration!
Another sale from Mr. Majestic1
This item has been shown 0 times.
1937 Very Tall, Nicely Refinished Rca Model 7t1 "zephyr" Style Tombstone Radio.: $192