1939 Zenith 6d 312 Sleek Art Deco, Machine Age Design Table Radio. For Sale
1939 Zenith 6D 312 Sleek Art Deco, Machine Age Design Table Radio.
Vintage 1939 Zenith6D 312 Sleek Art Deco, Machine Age Design Table Radio.
Up for offers is a great looking 1939 Zenith radio model 6D312 in a brown bakelite cabinet.
Introduced inJune 1938, the 6D-312 is a6 tube set covering the AM broadcast band (545-1740 kc).
The art deco and sleek, streamline machine age look of this beauty are credited tonotedindustrial designer Robert Davol Budlong.
The brown bakelite cabinet has a subtle marbilized appearance and its sleek, machine age look is accomplished by Budlong's use of curves andhorizontal fluting or louvres.
Pictures were taken in varying degrees of light so you can see the different looks this cabinet can have depending on how it is displayed.
The overallsymmetry of the cabinet is eye catching and the cabinet color contrasts nicely with thegold colored dial,white pushbuttons and "Z" knobs.
The pushbuttons allow for what Zenith called "automatic tuning". The top four pushbuttons are for pre-selected stations.
Whenthe bottom button is engaged, it allows for manual tuning. The pre-selected stations can be manually adjusted to suit your location.
The bottom of the cabinet has one small repair (see close-up picture) that is only visible when turning the cabinet upside down.
The chassis was electronically restored to good playing condition by its previous owner and offersvery good reception when using an external or long length of antenna wire.
The dial lamp is good and bright. The gold dial and "Z" dial pointer are both in good condition along with the dial string allowing the pointer to move effortlessly from one end of the dial to the other.
Dimensions of the 1939 Zenith model 6D-312 radio are: 8 inches tall, 12 inches wide and 6 inches deep.
Please click on any picture to enlarge it and get a better look at this setnicesounding and even better lookingradio.
International Buyers – Please Note:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding or buying.
Also note that customs fees are normally charged by the shipping company or collected when you pick the item up. These fees are not additional shipping charges.
Please do not ask me to under-value merchandise or mark the item as a gift on customs forms. Doing so is against U. S. and international law.
Read my response! I pack and ship to you, the way I would want you to pack and ship to me. I strive to ensure your entire buying experience rates 5 stars.
Click here to see my other Zenith radio sales.
Payment via PAYPAL to be received within 3 days of the completion of the sale.
Winning buyer has the following delivery options for a well packed shipment from Florida:
1. For delivery to the midwest or east coast via Fed Ex Ground/Home Delivery and insured for full value, add 19.95 . Shipping to most of the west coast will run approximately4.00 more.
2. Shipping to Canada via USPS Priority Mail International will cost approximately 53.75 .
3. International shipping to most of Europe via USPS Priority Mail International should cost approximately 65.00 . Delivery to Australia, Great Britian and countries with strict import size restrictions will cost more.
4. This item may be picked up in Sarasota, FL within 30 days with no charge for storage.
Actual shipping cost is based on the winning buyers actual location and will be determined after the sale.
Please read the “fine print” below!
Thank you for offerding & Good Luck!
1. Questions?? Please contact me BEFORE offerding!
2. As with all used equipment, particularly electronics, this item, unless stated otherwise, is sold as-is with no guarantee expressed or implied.
3. Remember this is an sale and items are NOT shipped on approval. Returns are only accepted where I missed a flaw or my description was inaccurate. The pictures in all my sales are a major part of the sale description. Enlarge and preview them before offerding please.
4. Payment to be received within 3 days of the conclusion of the sale.
5. Winning buyers in the State of Florida add 7% sales tax.
6. All text and pictures in this sale are copyright protected where applicable. I enjoy and take pride in my research and this material may not be physically or electronically reproduced in whole or in part without first obtaining my written consent. If you want to use information you see here, just ask first! Thank you in advance for your consideration!
Another sale from Mr. Majestic1
This item has been shown 0 times.
1939 Zenith 6d 312 Sleek Art Deco, Machine Age Design Table Radio.: