1940 Prewar Gilfillan Art Deco Bakelite Tube Radio - Rare Gem Restored For Sale
DUE TO RECENT NON PAYING buyers... PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 3 DAYS OF sale ENDING
* RARE 1940 PREWAR GILFILLAN BAKELITE TUBE RADIO - MODEL 6L-R *
For your consideration is a beautifully restored(inside & out) RARE Prewar 1940 Gilfillan bakelite radio Model 6L-R that plays great and looks great as well. The gorgeous art deco deisgned cabinet is one of the classiest & unique deco designs I've ever seen. Itexhibitsclassy curves and elegance not seen with most cabinet designs which allows it to flow throughout having no sharp corners or edges. The Gilfillan Brothers really hit a home run with this radio that sets it apart from any other bakelite tube radio.
CLASSIC CABINET FEATURES:
* Fully enclosed bakelite cabinet
* Tapered canopy style top(not flat)
* Dual section back Pillars that serve both for cosmetics & heat venting
* Front left Pillars with a classy gold weave grille cloth backing
* Several stepped detailed lines completely encasing the cabinet(no sharp corners)
* Beautiful Bullet style bakelite knobs
* Right front highly detailed designed column
* Gold painted Gilfillan Crest logo
This cabinet is really hard to take your eyes off of in person and after looking at it day after day it finallyoccurredto me what it reminded me of... and that's a beautifully built Roman Temple. And I guess if I were asked to sum the cabinet design up in one word it would have to be "Class". Many cabinet designs are to cluttered looking as if the designer tried to fit in too many different design features, but this one really flows throughout with no design flaws I can think of personally.
When I received this set the only cabinet issues were a few deep scratches and surface dullness but NO chips or cracks. I ended up spending a full day on the cabinet removing the deep buffing to how you see it displayed now... one beautiful piece.
Once the cabinet process was completed the original grille cloth was cleaned and reattached to the inside. Then the gold faded Gilfillan Crest logo was redone in the same antique gold which completed the full day cabinet restoration.
The electronics were of course restored to excellent working condition replacing ALL capacitors,tubes checked and replaced if needed,resistors checked,chassis cleaned,all moving parts lubricated,and the alignment checked for proper audio reception.
The crack & chip free cabinet is in excellent condition and has been professionally polished with my ALL natural process using NO sprays,finishing polish,polys,or any other artificial enhancers. It takes many hours through several stages to complete this natural process but when it's all said and done what you get is a pure natural bakelite shine just how it looked from the factory. Where as many others fail to clean the fine dirt out of the grooves, edges,and other very hard to reach places... I go the extra mile and make sure every square inch is cleaned using special tools,toothbrush,and Q-tips. There are no quick tricks or short cuts with my cleaning & polishing method.. just lots of time invested and plenty of elbow grease.
I've been restoring tube radios long before has been around and have a 100% satisfaction customer base. I try to find and offer the more hard to find radio models and not the mass produced typical sets you see all over . So if you happen to be looking for a more unique antique radio for a gift for a friend or just to add to your own collection then be sure to add me to your favorite sellers list. And as always this radio starts at just one penny and comes with 60 day warranty in writing.
PLEASE ONLY offer if your serious about owning a restored tube radio because there seems to be a lot of "buyers remorse" going on with these days which is not fair to all of us honest sellers. An antique tube radio is NOT a BoomBox,solid state radio,or any other modern type radio you should crank up all the time... it's an antique and should be treated as such. And it's also good to keep in mind that many electrical devices,florescent lighting, appliances,etc,etc can cause audio interference with 70 year old vacuum tube technology so placement of the radio is very important while operating it.
And as always this radio starts at just one penny and comes with a 60 day warranty in writing.
Thanks for looking! -Jer ADR
RESTORATION DETAILS :
* ALL CAPACITORS REPLACED
* EXCELLENT SOUND & RECEPTION ON THE AM(Broadcast) BAND
* TUBES REPLACED AS NEEDED
* CORD/PLUG REPLACED
* CHASSIS AND ALL MOVING PARTS CLEANED & LUBRICATED
* ALIGNMENT CHECKED
* NEW CRYSTAL CLEAR DIAL LENS ADDED
* BAKELITE CABINET CLEANED & POLISHED(no artficial enhancers or coatings used)
* NEW DIAL BULB (looks great lit up!)
* GREAT LOOKING DECO DIAL SCALE
* GORGEOUS ART DECO STYLE BAKELITE CABINET (no cracks or chips)
* MEASURES: 10.5" WIDE X 6.5"TALL X 6.5" DEEP
* SHIPPING IS $28.50 (LOWER 48 STATES), CAREFULLY PACKAGED W/DELIVERY CONFIRMATION,AND FULLY INSURED
******** CUSTOMERS COMMENTS ********
*Wonderful & expertly restored radio. Couldn't be happier. Professional Seller
* Kuddos for the job you did in restoring this Emerson set and the care in packing.
You are truly caring, caring beyond belief;one of my best transactions. Thanks much,Robert
* Absolutely beautiful- I LOVE IT-wonderful transaction-super fast mail-out -A+++
* Great product! Great service! No better seller anywhere!!! Thank you!
* Bendix arrived safe and sound due to your EXPERT PACKING the radio is MINTY and exceeds
my expectations and looks and sounds like a BRAND NEW RADIO i feel like i went back to 1946
really i mean it!!!, your warranty is done first class and looks great very professional.you are a
CLASS ACT!!! Thanks Again & Best Regards, Stuart
* Two thumbs up! One of the very best on ! Many thanks!
* Extremely Pleased !!! Best I've ever seen Will buy Again.... Thanks
* The best wrapped radio I have ever recieved. Love the radio!!!! Thanks DDB
I've been collecting & restoring tube radios since 1987,and have sold well over 500 tube radios world wide. I spent 20 years as a Machine Specialist in the Aerospace & Injection Molding fields. Having this type of background has given me the experience & high standards that I try to maintain in my radio restoration work as well. My experience includes: custom wood refinishing,all natural bakelite polishing,electronic restoration,and radio dial cover molding.
A special thanks to all of my customers who I've had the pleasure of doing business with throughout the last 25 years. It gives me great satisfaction to be able to bring these wonderful antique tube radios back to life for future generations to enjoy.
Thx for looking and may God bless our troops serving around the world!
- J. Waters
This item has been shown 737 times.
1940 Prewar Gilfillan Art Deco Bakelite Tube Radio - Rare Gem Restored :