1951 Cities Service Road Map Illinois Route 66 Springfield Joliet Chicago Peoria
This item has been shown 219 times.
1951 Cities Service Road Map Illinois Route 66 Springfield Joliet Chicago Peoria:
Handsome fold-out 1951 Cities Service road map of Illinois, printed more than 66 years ago
- This map opens to 18" x 27" and has great detail on old highway alignments, including U.S. Route 66, with cartography by H.M. Gousha.
- On the reverse side there are inset plans of Decatur, Rockford, Springfield, Peoria, and the metropolitan Chicago area.
- This map was distributed by Cities Service in 1951 and is dated by the code number in the lower margin: Y-1. Population data is from the 1940 census.
- Little trefoil symbols locate dozens of Cities Service gas stations throughout the state.
- Condition: This map is in very good, lightly used condition. There's some pencil writing in the upper margin, a faint stain, and tiny breaks just starting on a couple of the fold corners. Please see the scans and feel free to ask any questions.
- Buy with confidence! We are always happy to combine shipping on the purchase of multiple items — just make sure to pay for everything at one time, not individually.
Powered by SixBit's eCommerce Solution