1980 Oil Painting Of Kaneohe Hawaii Signed By Morio Sumida - Pre Development Art For Sale
1980 Oil Painting of Kaneohe Hawaii signed by Morio Sumida - Pre Development Art
Gorgeous work of an early Hawaiian landscape, what Kaneohe would've looked like pre-development of many homes and its golf course. Done by local artist Morio Sumida (1908-2002), who lived his whole life in Kaneohe as an owner of a contracting company. Already well retired when he painted this, one can imagine him reminiscing on Kaneohe's scenery in his younger days. Absolutely stunning and personal piece.
Signed in both Japanese and English on back of canvas. Also for all you painting collectors be sure to check out the important Millard Sheets we have lsied from the collection of one of Hawaii's earliest Aloha shirt makers.
- Painting 19 1/2" x 15 1/2"
- Original frame 23" x 19" x 1 3/4"
- We offer local pickup and combined shipping
- International buyers must contact us for exact shipping costs
- Be sure to view our other sales this week!
This item has been shown times.