19th C. Antique Ceramic Scent Perfume Bottle Gilded & Hand Painted W/ Flowers
This item has been shown 0 times.
19th C. Antique Ceramic Scent Perfume Bottle Gilded & Hand Painted W/ Flowers:
19th C. antique ceramic scent perfume bottle gilded & hand painted w/ flowers
Offering a 19th century ceramic scent bottle gilded & hand painted with flowers
Probably English - 1st quarter 19th century
- Round stand up ceramic bottle, beautifully hand painted with roses and garden flowers in pinks, purples and blues on a apricot ground and gilded with vine leaves and grapes around the sides. With start and dot decoration to the base.
- Hinged snap-on cap brass cap closing onto a brass mount.
- Measures 7 cm (2 & 3 /4") high x 6cm wide x 3.5 cm deep.
- Condition good overall. Painting and gilding on main body excellent with no losses/wear. Four small patches of wear to the apricot ground on the base. Mild marks inside bottle neck. Hinge and mount good - brass cap with just a couple of tiny dings around the edges and an old crease mark on the top. Cap snaps shuts tightly onto mount and is stiff to open. A wider groove in the ceramic just beneath the mount suggests cap may not be original to the bottle.
- The painting and gilding really is exquisite - a lovely bottle.
***Look out for more great vintage, antique and modern scent bottles in my summer sale, plus other objects of virtue and vanity items.***
LOVE SCENT BOTTLES? Why not join the International Perfume Bottle Association and indulge your passion with other perfumistas? Visit us at www.facebook.com/IPBAUK