2 Antique Cravat Stick Lapel Pins Faux Scrimshaw & Real Pearl #24
This item has been shown 0 times.
2 Antique Cravat Stick Lapel Pins Faux Scrimshaw & Real Pearl #24:
2 ANTIQUE CRAVAT STICK LAPEL PINS FAUX SCRIMSHAW & REAL PEARL #24In Victorian times no well-dressed man would leave home without something around his collar. It is was a cravat, then he would need a cravat pin. Or he might like to wear a stick pin on his lapel. Men in those days were no strangers to the delights of jewellery. A faux scrimshaw lapel pin with an image of a sailing ship – the metalwork would just be gilt. Face measures 2 cms x 1.5 cms.
Small real pearl headed lapel pin – with its age, it may well be a natural pearl. The pin looks to be brass. Total length 6 cms.
- The items I sell are vintage; they are second hand, old, sometimes very old. I try to describe and photograph my items honestly and to the best of my ability; however if pristine condition is very important to you, I feel you should be buying from a regular shop, where you can inspect the items personally. Please note that all my items are sold "as is", with no warranty implied, and that the photos form part of the description, which should be read carefully.
- Payment in Australia may be made by PayPal, Bank Deposit, Money Order or Cheque. International payments by PayPal only
- If you win more than one item in a listing please wait for a combined invoice from me to save you on postage and insurance costs. I always wait until the last item in an sale listing finishes before sending invoices in case buyers win more than one item. If you win an item and are planning to offer on an item in a later-finishing sale, please email me to let me know, and I will wait until that sale has finished to send you a combined invoice
- I would normally expect payment within 5 days; if for some reason this is not possible, please contact me to explain
- Many of my items are very light and could be combined
without much (or any) increase in postage costs. Once the value of a
parcel exceeds $100 postal insurance must be paid. Within Australia this
costs $4.45; the cost for Registered Post International varies - please ask for a quote.
buyers please note: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included
in the item price or postage charges. These charges are the buyer's
responsibility. Please check with your country's Customs Office to
determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding. These
charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (postage)
company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for
additional postage charges. Please do not ask for items to be declared as gifts or undervalued; actions like these are an offence under the International Postal Regulations.
It has always been my policy to leave Positive response when an item has been paid for and I have posted the parcel. I will always email you to let you know when that occurs, so you may know when to expect the parcel. Leaving response is not compulsory; if you want to leave me Positive response, then that is very nice and I appreciate it. If you have some problem with our transaction, and you feel like leaving me Neutral or Negative response, please contact me BEFORE leaving response so that we can work something out that will leave us both feeling happier. I always try to describe my items fully and honestly, and work hard to try and ensure that my buyers are satisfied. However I am only human; SHOULD a problem arise please contact me FIRST. The Ratings stars. Oh dear. Please be aware that considers anything less than 5 (ie a perfect rating) to be substandard, and sellers can be penalised (ie barred from selling) once their rating falls below 4.8. You do not HAVE to click these rating stars. If you do, please be realistic about things over which I as the seller had no control – like what Australia Post delivery and insurance charges are, how long the Postal Service took to deliver your parcel (remember WA is a long way from NSW and that estimated times of arrival for overseas airmail parcels are frequently understated), whether if it was Registered or Insured Post they actually left you a card to say you needed to go to the PO to pick it up, or if you paid by eCheque, the time it took that cheque to clear. Now have changed the goalposts again; they have decided that as well as attracting lots of 4 and 5 ratings, sellers should not attract ANY 1 & 2 ratings. As few as 4 ratings in the 1 & 2 category can bar the seller from . So again, if you feel your experience has not been good, and feel like leaving me 1 or 2 stars in any category, PLEASE contact me first - if I don't know you are unhappy I can't do anything about it. Sorry about the length of this message; I assume that you may want to remain an buyer, and hope that if you buy from me your experience will be a happy one. It is just that with the way things are changing, there may no longer be small sellers of vintage items (like me) on to buy from.
My sales Contact Me