3365 | Vtg Antique 1920s Ivory Silk Satin Beaded Bows Flapper Wedding Dress Xs/s For Sale
➳ vintage 1920's dress* ivory silk satin with a golden tone
* glass bead work
* ribbon pattern beading
* open cage back
* dropped waist
* scalloped hem
* no side or back closure - slips over head
* includes a photo of the dress being worn by the original owner at her wedding in the early 20's
she came from a conservative Catholic family in rural Minnesota and opted for triple strand of beads
instead of the longer more progressive necklace that was typical for the time periodCONDITION
very good but not without flaws.
please read condition report completely.
i am happy to answer any questions you may have.
absolutely NO RETURNS or partial refunds on this item due to it's age and delicate nature.* some scattered bead loss although it's minor and inconspicous
* tiny pinhead sized holes with dots of green color at the top of each shoulder
where it appeared to have been pinned to a hanger at one time
* a handful of tiny spots where the silk has started to "shatter"
3 at the front left waist, 1 at front left waist and a few in back
all are just above the beaded waistline
my guess is these were caused by someone trying on the dress without the proper care
i would highly recommend these areas be reinforced before wearing
the rest of the silk is strong
* about 1" of discoloration around the armholes
* some very small faint spots on the skirt
* again NO RETURNS or partial refunds.
fits like modern size xs/s
a side opening could be added by a seamstress to make getting into the dress much easierlength 40"
bodice length 19"
This item has been shown 0 times.