36" Boat Ship Steering Wheel For Sale Nautical Wooden For Sale
LARGE 36" Teak Wooden Boat Ships Wheel Brass Center
Large Nautical Wooden Ships Steering Wheel 36"
Currently out of stock, new shipment arriving 04/05/13.
This large wooden ship steering wheel is made of solid seesham (teak) wood with a brass center hub that has a 1" diameter hole. The ships steering wheel measures 36" in diameter from handle end to handle end.
There is not a better way to enhance your nautical marine decor than with a rugged wooden ship steering wheel inside or outside (this teak ships wheel can weather the elements).
The wheel of a ship is the modern method of adjusting the angle of the rudder, in turn changing the direction of the boat or ship. It is also called the helm, together with the rest of the steering mechanism. Helmsmen on older ships used a tiller (a long stick) fixed directly to the rudder, or a whipstaff (a vertical stick acting on the tiller). Early ships wheels (c. 1700) were operated to correspond to the motion of the tiller, with a clockwise motion (corresponding to a right tiller motion) turning the rudder and thus the ship to the left. Eventually the control direction of the wheel was reversed to make it more consistent with the action of a motor vehicle's steering wheel.
The wheel is typically connected to a mechanical, electric servo, or hydraulic system.
In some modern ships the wheel is replaced with a simple toggle that remotely controls an electro-mechanical or electro-hydraulic drive for the rudder, with a rudder position indicator presenting response to the helmsperson.
The design of the ship's wheel probably influenced that of the modern steering wheel. The article "Steering_wheel_(ship)" is part of the Wikipedia encyclopedia. perfect nautical gift to complement your recipent's marine furniture decor!
Larger Size Nautical Wooden Ship Steering Wheels Are Available
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse CaptJimsCar-go for more Nautical Wooden Boat Ship Steering Wheels, Nautical Wildlife Etched Mirrors, Museum Quality Ship Models, Old World Style Globe Bars and Low Priced Nautical Gifts!
(close the new window to return to this item)!
- We accept PayPal (which
includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days
after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay we also accept credit cards Mastercard,
Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
Buyers please pay with PayPal.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- Winning buyers & buyers are to pay shipping.
- Your item will ship within 3 to 5 days of payment received confirmation. Items are shipped FedEx Ground, UPS Ground or USPS. International or PO Box are shipped by US postal service.
- Once your item has shipped a tracking number will be emailed to you.
- 100% money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- Return within 14 days for a full refund (please contact me for a return authorization)
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or backorder.
- Please use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.
This item has been shown times.