86-01 Mustang Valeo Fms King Cobra Clutch Kit 10.5" Stage 2 Kit Supports 600hp
This item has been shown times.
86-01 Mustang Valeo Fms King Cobra Clutch Kit 10.5" Stage 2 Kit Supports 600hp:
86-01 MUSTANG VALEO FMS KING COBRA CLUTCH KIT 10.5" STAGE 2
(SUPPORTS 600HP)Fits All: 5.0L 4.6L 302Part Retail:$ 249.99 Fits Models: Ford Mustang Cobra GT Steeda Shelby Saleen Roush Boss Fits Years:1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001
Product Description ----------------------- Supports 600HP !Pictured 5pieces are included in this sale !!Kit Includes: Disc, Pressure Plate, Throw Out Bearing, Pilot Bearing & Alignment Tool*****
- Genuine Valeo Clutch Kit (Valeo Manufactures FMS Clutches)
- Kit Includes: Disc, Pressure Plate, Throw Out Bearing, Pilot Bearing and Alignment Tool *****
- Fits all T-5/T-45 Transmissions anBell housingswith a 10 1/2 inch clutch
- Will also fit 75-85 Mustangs if you change to a 10 1/2 inch flywheel kit
- Will NOT Work with Mustangs that originally came with 11" Clutches
- Backed by Valeo's Warranty against Manufacturers Defects
- 20% less pedal effort compared to a stock ford clutch
- Fits all T-5/T-45 Transmissions with a 10.5” Clutch ---- *** This is a 100% Valeo 5 pc. Kit ***
- 75% More Clamping Force, Supports up to 600HP
- Don't be fooled by unprofessional listings that flat out lie about the kits or include non Valeo equipment
- The other ers kits are not Valeo Parts. (They mix and match parts and tell you it's a King Cobra)
- All other ers use import non valeo disc from foreign countries and lie to take your money!
UPRproducts King Cobra Clutch Break-In
This will teach you how to break in your new clutch. Taking your time to allow the clutch to properly break in is the most important step you can take. This will insure that it lives a long and strong gripping life in your vehicles bell housing.
This can be achieved by driving around town or back in forth to work and the grocery store. Be sure to take it easy for at least 500 miles will be the best to seat your clutch in. The clutch should be driven though at least 10 heat cycles before you hit the 500 mile mark.
This cannot be achieved by 500 miles on the freeway, or racing. The clutch will need to be heated and allowed to completely cool down as many times possible without over heating it or any hard driving. A clutch disc has high and low spots in the friction material.
To properly reduce the high spots and surface - mate the friction material to a new or fresh cut flywheel and pressure plate. You want to create a nice even surface on the disc to get the smoothest performance with longest life and best grip.
(Remember,NO highway driving or beating on your new clutch in the break in period)
If you don’t follow the proper break in period and properly seat your clutch. The consequences can be very unforgiving and result in Glazing your new clutch disc. The signs of abuse or improper installation are easy to spot.
When you see a Glazed clutch disc, the friction material has a smooth glossy look to it. This means one of two things improper install by something getting on the disc or the driver was too hard on the clutch and did not properly break it in.
Once a clutch disc is glazed, the friction is gone. Just like when a tire loses all its tread and won’t grip anymore. Once this happens the disc will have to be replaced to get your clutch to work properly.
(Follow this guide if you truly want to have it last as long as possible !)
Installation Time & Difficulty
3-4 Hours or Less