Antique Chinese 13th Century Yuan / Ming Dynasty Longquan Celadon Incised Dish For SaleClick here to visit our website.
Click here to visit our Trocadero storefront. Incised Dish with Floral Motif (YLQ021302) 13th century
Yuan - early Ming dynasty
Porcelain with Longquan celadon glaze
d: 26.5 cm
Basically perfect, one very shallow small chip to rim, surface wear
From a Northern California private collection The main Chinese ceramic for export in the 13th to 14th centuries was the Longquan celadon of Zhejiang province. Glazed in monochrome green, Longquan-type wares have been found in archaeological sites around the world. A large number of examples survive in the Topkapi Palace Museum as well as the Fustat ruins. Longquan pieces’ rich, luxurious glaze commanded powerful allure: while the native Chinese praised Longquan glaze as jade-like, 14th century Indian Muslims believed celadons could detect poison. This dish bears similarity to wares found in the Sinan wreck of 1323. Its thick, plum-like green glaze, uninterrupted by crazing, is of a type favored by collectors. Most Yuan/Ming Longquan dishes feature molded designs, which were quicker and easier to produce. Ones with hand-carved (incised) designs are decidedly more beautiful and rare.
Terms of Sale 1. We absolutely guarantee our items to be authentic and correctly dated.
2. We reserve the right to cancel any sales not doing well before the 72 hour mark; please do not wait until the last minute to submit your offers.
3. Payment must be made within 3 days. Failure to pay AND contact us will result in the termination of sales contract.
4. Returns can be made, no questions asked, within 14 days. Past that, we will nonetheless accept returns in the event of a mistake in our period attribution. No restocking fee will be charged. The buyer pays for the return shipping, and the piece(s) must be returned in its original condition.
5. We ship within 1-2 business days. All items are mailed through USPS priority mail.
6. Unless stated, the wood display stands sometimes accompanying porcelain items are not for sale.
7. We photograph pieces to the best of our ability. However, computer screens (and even human perception) can vary case by case, so please allow a small margin of deviation between online images of the piece(s) you purchase and actual perceived coloring.
About Ascot Court Antiques Ascot Court Antiques is a family-run business based in the beautiful town of Moraga, California. We are purveyors of authentic, high-quality, and affordable period Chinese ceramics. We have sold pieces to collectors located in the USA, China, Britain, France, Denmark, and many other countries. We firmly believe that beyond art investment, connoisseurship of Chinese ceramics is about aesthetic and cultural cultivation. It is always a great pleasure to hold an old piece and know that behind its materiality there is a treasure trove of history and narrative that transcends human lifespans and dynastic epochs. The pieces we offer are thus always compelling and interesting works of art. However, we do not believe that collecting Chinese ceramics is a socioeconomically elite affair: our stock will always mix high-end and rare pieces with affordable but lovely minyao and export wares. Please purchase with confidence. We take pride in our serious devotion to scholarship and research, and are pleased to offer authenticity guarantees to everything in our catalogue.
This Week's sale Please save us as a favorite seller! All lots begin at $9.99 with ! Each lot is timed exactly 5 minutes apart, so you'll have plenty of time to offer on all your favorites.
Lots beginning March 14th and ending March 24th
This item has been shown times.