Antique Chinese 1730-50 Yongzheng / Qianlong Famille Rose 12 Piece Tea Set
This item has been shown times.
Antique Chinese 1730-50 Yongzheng / Qianlong Famille Rose 12 Piece Tea Set:
Click here to visit our website.
Click here to visit our Trocadero storefront. 12-Piece Tea Set in a Floral Pattern (YFM0212) ca. 1730-1750
Yongzheng-early Qianlong period, Qing dynasty
Porcelain with overglaze famille rose enamels
Teacups: 6 to 6.3 cm, saucers: 11.6 to 11.8 cm
The cups: 4 nearly perfect with small frits, 1 with hairline, 1 with firing flaw to glaze (but otherwise good)
The saucers: 1 perfect, 3 with 1 hairline, 1 with 3 hairlines, 1 damaged with piece re-stuck and a hairline.
From a French estate This set is very finely and thinly potted. The saucers are nearly eggshell thin (hence their condition after ages of wear). Delicately enameled famille rose wares were an expensively novelty in the first half of the 18th century. Their function as a tea set was meant to highlight the expense of drinking tea in aristocratic Europe
Terms of Sale 1. We absolutely guarantee our items to be authentic and correctly dated.
2. We reserve the right to cancel any sales not doing well before the 72 hour mark; please do not wait until the last minute to submit your offers.
3. Payment must be made within 3 days. Failure to pay AND contact us will result in the termination of sales contract.
4. Returns can be made, no questions asked, within 14 days. Past that, we will nonetheless accept returns in the event of a mistake in our period attribution. No restocking fee will be charged. The buyer pays for the return shipping, and the piece(s) must be returned in its original condition.
5. We ship within 1-2 business days. All items are mailed through USPS priority mail.
6. Unless stated, the wood display stands sometimes accompanying porcelain items are not for sale.
7. We photograph pieces to the best of our ability. However, computer screens (and even human perception) can vary case by case, so please allow a small margin of deviation between online images of the piece(s) you purchase and actual perceived coloring.
About Ascot Court Antiques Ascot Court Antiques is a family-run business based in the beautiful town of Moraga, California. We are purveyors of authentic, high-quality, and affordable period Chinese ceramics. We have sold pieces to collectors located in the USA, China, Britain, France, Denmark, and many other countries. We firmly believe that beyond art investment, connoisseurship of Chinese ceramics is about aesthetic and cultural cultivation. It is always a great pleasure to hold an old piece and know that behind its materiality there is a treasure trove of history and narrative that transcends human lifespans and dynastic epochs. The pieces we offer are thus always compelling and interesting works of art. However, we do not believe that collecting Chinese ceramics is a socioeconomically elite affair: our stock will always mix high-end and rare pieces with affordable but lovely minyao and export wares. Please purchase with confidence. We take pride in our serious devotion to scholarship and research, and are pleased to offer authenticity guarantees to everything in our catalogue.
This Week's sale Please save us as a favorite seller! All lots begin at $9.99 with ! Each lot is timed exactly 5 minutes apart, so you'll have plenty of time to offer on all your favorites.
Lots beginning March 14th and ending March 24th