Antique Chinese Republic Period Blue & White Famille Rose Vase, Qianlong Mark For SaleClick here to visit our website.
Click here to visit our Trocadero storefront. Hu Shaped Vase with Boys at Play Late 19th - early 20th century
Guangxu - Republic period
Porcelain with overglaze famille rose enamels and underglaze cobalt blue
h: 22 cm, w: 14.6 cm
Perfect condition, age wear to enamels and wearing of gilt near rim
From a Asheville, North Carolina private collection The shape and underglaze blue decorations of this vase are all taken from archiac bronze work, while the famille rose "boys at play" images evoke Qianlong imperial wares. The pairing of Shang bronzes with the youthful vibrancy of "boys at play" is an interesting juxtaposition of ancient and young, perhaps reinforcing Buddhism's cyclical view of life and death.
Terms of Sale 1. We absolutely guarantee our items to be authentic and correctly dated; nothing we sell will ever be a post-Republic period modern reproduction.
2. We reserve the right to cancel any sales not doing well before the 72 hour mark; please do not wait until the last minute to submit your offers.
3. Payment must be made within 3 days. Failure to pay AND contact us will result in the termination of sales contract.
4. Returns can be made, no questions asked, within 14 days. Past that, we will nonetheless accept returns in the event of a mistake in our period attribution. No restocking fee will be charged. The buyer pays for the return shipping, and the piece(s) must be returned in its original condition.
5. We ship within 3 business days. For international sales, items excess of $500 must be dispatched with express delivery and tracking.
6. Unless stated, the wood display stands sometimes accompanying porcelain items are not for sale.
7. We photograph pieces to the best of our ability. However, computer screens (and even human perception) can vary case by case, so please allow a small margin of deviation between online images of the piece(s) you purchase and actual perceived coloring.
About Ascot Court Antiques Ascot Court Antiques is a family-run business based in the beautiful town of Moraga, California. We are purveyors of authentic, high-quality, and affordable period Chinese ceramics. We have sold pieces to collectors located in the USA, China, Britain, France, Denmark, and many other countries. We firmly believe that beyond art investment, connoisseurship of Chinese ceramics is about aesthetic and cultural cultivation. It is always a great pleasure to hold an old piece and know that behind its materiality there is a treasure trove of history and narrative that transcends human lifespans and dynastic epochs. The pieces we offer are thus always compelling and interesting works of art. However, we do not believe that collecting Chinese ceramics is a socioeconomically elite affair: our stock will always mix high-end and rare pieces with affordable but lovely minyao and export wares. Please purchase with confidence. We take pride in our serious devotion to scholarship and research, and are pleased to offer authenticity guarantees to everything in our catalogue.
This Week's sale Please save us as a favorite seller! All lots begin at $9.99 with ! Each lot is timed exactly 5 minutes apart, so you'll have plenty of time to offer on all your favorites.
Lots beginning January 10th and ending January 20th
Lots beginning January 17th and ending January 27th
On Jan-17-13 at 20:04:38 PST, seller added the following information:
A potential buyer requested that we post additional photos. To answer the question posted below: yes, there are traces of underglaze yellowing behind the "ears" of the vase, and there is luminescence on the glaze areas near the enamels (both are considered a characteristic of 19th-early 20th c Chinese porcelain.) There are also a few rust spots in the interior of the piece.
This item has been shown times.