Anti-abraham Lincoln Letter Pro Confederate 1861 Civil War Columbus Oh Newspaper
This item has been shown 837 times.
Anti-abraham Lincoln Letter Pro Confederate 1861 Civil War Columbus Oh Newspaper:
Anti-ABRAHAM LINCOLN Letter Pro Confederate 1861 Civil War Columbus OH Newspaper (Note: additional images are located below the description) Shown is an original & historic old newspaper, offered to enhance your collectible interest: THE CRISIS, Columbus, Ohio, May 30, 1861
* President Abraham Lincoln
* Beginning of the Civil War
Among the ftpg. reports are: 'Repudiation Repudiated" "Redpath and the Negroes!" "Sensible at Last" "Death of Gen. Stokely".
Page 2 has: "Letter From Kentucky, to Abraham Lincoln..." which is interesting reading, beginning: "You are a native-born Kentuckian--your heart must indeed by callous & your sensibilities hardened if you feel no pride nor affection for the Commonwealth that gave you birth...You are nominally the President of the United States, in reality the President of the non-slaveholding portion of the late Union..." & much more (see photos for portions). Also on the inside pages are: "Abolition Reign of Terror" "Almost a Terrible Affair" "The State of Kentucky Assumes Neutrality" and so much more.
Eight pages, great condition.
Described as "The Hottest Rebel Sheet to be found in the North or the South", this newspaper opposed the war and attracted the hatred of the Republicans and the Lincoln administration. It insisted that slavery could not be prohibited by law. So obnoxious was this paper to Unionists that it was denied circulation in some cities. In 1863 the press was raided by a hateful mob.
An informative video regarding the rare newspapers hobby
is shown at the bottom of the listing!
Please Note: All of our offerings are 100% authentic! We do not offer reprints or reproductions of any kind. They are guaranteed to be original!
See below the photo for additional information related to Shipping, our Return Policy, Premium Packaging, Certificates of Authenticity, and other offerings by
Timothy Hughes Rare & Early Newspapers.
The following video provides additional information
about collecting rare newspapers:
- For this specific item, A U.S. winner pays $7.00 S&H. If multiple items are purchased and paid for simultaneously, the S&H will be calculated by using the highest item's S&H as the base cost, and then adding $1 for each additional newspaper. The per-item additional cost for folders, portfolios, and presentation cases vary.
- All U.S. orders include in-house insurance at no additional cost to the buyer.
- All U.S. bound orders include delivery confirmation (if sent by USPS) and/or tracking (if sent by UPS).
- Expedited shipping is available for all orders upon request. Every effort is made to ship all orders within 24 business hours of receiving payment.
- Some small items may be shipped 1st Class. We will still provide tracking and insure them at our expense.
If the automated checkout process does not properly combine shipping, we will refund overages automatically. If you prefer, contact us prior to payment to obtain a revised invoice. International Shipping Policy...
- Upon purchasing, international winners should contact us for an invoice which includes S&H to their location.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying. Note: We will not falsify customs declarations or mark an item as "gift" in order to avoid customs fees.
- If insurance is desired, be in touch for a quote. All insured orders are subject to customs, duties, & taxes for the amount insured and are subject to item 2 above.
- Large and/or brittle issues must be shipped flat and are required to be shipped by Priority Mail International (PMI), often at a weight of 3 pounds or more - quite expensive. Please contact us for a pre-purchase/pre-offerding S&H quote if you are concerned about the potential S&H cost.
- International purchasers are encouraged to take advantage of our combined shipping policy to lower the cost per item S&H.
We have been dealers in rare newspapers for over 40 years, currently serve as a consultant to the Freedom Forum Newseum , and are members of the American Antiquarian Society. offer with confidence knowing that every item we offer is guaranteed to be absolutely genuine.
View My Other Offerings
More Information About Us
Timothy Hughes Rare Newspapers
P.O. Box 3636
Williamsport, PA 17701-8636
E-mail: contact us via messages
FAX: (scan as attachment to messages)
Hours: M-F, 7:30-4:00 EST
If you would like to have either the Archival Storage Folder ($12.00, plus corresponding adjustment to the final S&H) or the Certificate of Authenticity ($3.00) included with the issue, please purchase these directly through using the links provided. These items are also available through our cross-promoted items and through our store.