Antique 18th C. / Early 19th C. American Tin Whale Oil Lantern - Original Finish For Sale
Antique 18th C. / Early 19th C. American Tin Whale Oil Lantern
Awonderful, early American, 18th or early 19th century tin whale oil lantern. It is complete, and has its original finish - black asphaltum.It has cutwork in the tin - small stars on the bottom, and larger, fourarm stars on the top. The lantern is released from the bottom, and slides out. Found in a New Englandestate sale - full of dustcovering it -likely found in a barn or attic - fresh! (We cleaned it so that you could see it clearly, obviously).Measurements:Bottle: 13" high (without the ring)Base: 5 3/4" in diameterTop Ring: 4 1/4 in diameterCondition:Very good condition - all original, complete.
TERMS OF SALE:
· All items I sell have multiple pictures and are described as accurately as I can, however, if you have any questions, or require any additional information, please feel free to email, I will try to answer your question within a 24-hour period.
· I pack things carefully and securely to the best of my ability, and use ample packing material. I do not charge for handling and packaging.
·Domestic - Iusually ship USPS Priority Mail, though on smaller, less expensive items, I offer First Class. I do include delivery confirmation free of charge, which enables you to track it. You can make a request as to how you want something shipped, or have any added service USPS provides, and if it’s within weight limits of that service, I can accommodate.
·International - I will ship USPS First Class International, unless otherwise requested. For anything weighing more than 4 pounds when packed, or valued at $400 and above, I cannot ship First Class, it must go either Priority or Express Mail. For more expensive items, I like to ship Priority Mail, as insurance can be purchased, and it is a more reliable service. In my attempt to keep your shipping costs to a minimum, I DO NOT INCLUDE TRACKING OR INSURANCE in my shipping costs. If you want either of these services, they are in addition to the prices quoted on the listing: TRACKING/REGISTERED MAIL: $12.95 extra INSURANCE: Approx. $1.00 - $2.00 per $100 Please e-mail for approximate shipping rates before offerding, since they vary depending on where you are located. Also, keep in mind, customs can hold a package for however long they deem necessary - that is out ofmy control.
· I absolutely will combine shipping when purchasing two or more items. I will do everything I can to save you money if possible, however, the safety of the more costly items is a priority, and may add to shipping costs.
· Shipping will usually be immediate once payment has cleared, however, I reserve the right to do so up to 5 days following the sale, as I am often out searching for antiques.
· Payment expected within 5 days, (if not able to, please contact me in advance of the sale to make other arrangements).
· Per ’s policy, I can accept PayPal, or for those of you local, pay in person when you pick up.
· I process my response, usually once a month, and I do take it seriously.I hope you will as well.
Thank you for your interest and thanks for offerding,
This item has been shown 0 times.
Antique 18th C. / Early 19th C. American Tin Whale Oil Lantern - Original Finish: $229