Antique 19th Century Pennsylvania Dutch American Folk Art Tole Painted Sit Sled For Sale
Antique 19th Century Pennsylvania Dutch American Folk Art Tole Painted Sit Sled
Many rustic imperfections lend to it's charming look. Shipped as seen.
Believed to be a one runner sit sled for a small child, likely Danish, Swedish or Pennsylvania Dutch in origin
- Handmade from about 1910-1940
- Has been used and shows its age, with splinters of wood missing here & there and paint chipped
- Legs are pegged into the seat and the wide bottom runner
The medium brown stain sled on the bottom of the runner looks worn from normal use and shows paint drops from folk art tole painting application.
Many rustic imperfections lend to it's charming look:
- Hand painted tole milk paint art is distressed as seen in photos
- Bare wood is seen on edges of bottom runner, seat and braces
- Colors are vibrant and classically detailed
- Seat bears a barn and forest scene in winter within a sunburst pattern
- Bottom runner detailed with floral design accented with plumage and dove
- For display only: because of the small size it was meant for a very young child
Measures 22 in. long, 12 3/4 in. wide and 10 in. high to the highest point of the seat. Seat itself is just 10 1/4 in. long by 5 in. wide.
Would be great for a vintage sled collection or as a prop for photo shoots. I could also see it as a wonderful seat for a doll, teddy bear or a stuffed Santa for Christmas. The small size makes it perfect on the hearth of a fireplace.
Payment by PayPal -SameDayShipping Ships well packaged and insured, Purchase with Confidence! Always Adding New Items For sale& Store, So Please, Come Back Again!
This item has been shown times.