Antique Bosun's Persuader/cosh, Early 1800s Naval For Sale
Antique Bosun's Persuader/Cosh, Early 1800s Naval
Antique Bosun's Persuader/Cosh
Used to 'Persuade' or lure men into the navy (press ganging), as well as keeping order on board
There is a lead weighted end which is twine or hemp covered, the central part looks to be of wood, while the other end is twine covered with an engraved brass end.
Condition as above
Measurements: approx 45cms;
Please note that I am only able to post once ortwice a week.
As from 2nd April Royal Mail and some Couriers have increased prices yet again, along with parcel sizes which again add to the cost.
Please read my Terms and Conditions
Ido my best to provide an accurate and honest descriptionof the items I list. However, being human, I sometimes miss things, and I do make mistakes, Just like anyone else.I have beentrading for over 25 years. Obviously not everyone is going to be pleased, So I ask, that if you are not pleased , email me first, as I will always tryand sort things out to the best of my ability.
Please remember that the Antique (100+years) and Vintage(30+years)Items that I offer, have been loved and cherished before and therefore will have age and history, this means they will have all the scars, bruises, and blemishes of an old item, -they will not be perfect. This is part of their charm, if you want brand new pristine items, then my items will probably not be for you.
Payment MUST be made within 3 days.
Non Payment - Due to the increasing amount of non paying buyers, on the fourth day after the sale has ended, the buyer will be reported to .
- Postage - is always signed for. Due to the massive increases this year, by the Royal Mail, most items will be sent 2nd class.If large, I will always try to find the cheapest and most reliable service. I doNOT overcharge, I do charge a very small nominal charge for packaging. If you do feel that the postage is too high, I ask that you reconsider, as I cannot make it cheaper than the courier charges. However, if a cheaper alternative is found, please let me know. Overseas buyers please think carefully before offerding, as I do not refund return postage
- Customs and Excise Duty are the responsibility of the buyer
- Delivery time - I try to post well within 5 days, but sometimes Life gets in the way, I ask for your understanding
- Items selling for £50+ in UK must go via Special Delivery
- response - I doappreciate the courtesy of buyers letting me know thir item has arrived, Recipricol response will always be posted once the buyer has left response.
- Returns I do not offer partial refunds,However, if I have misrepresented an item I will always offer a full refund on return of the item in the original conditionand packaging within 14 days of receipt. Please let me know. If returning items fromoutside the EU please write on your customs formthat you are returning anitem otherwiseI will have to pay again.I do not give return postage. Business sellers are penalised if a full 5* rating is not given. Please tell me why if you are not able to.
- I combine items as much as possible, over 2kgs, the postage increases are very high.
- I am now unable to post to PO addresses due to Post Office restrictions.
Finally, thank you for looking at my sale. Please take a peek at my other items as every week I try to offer an eclectic range of antique and vintage items. HAPPYofferDING
On 24-May-13 at 20:52:08 BST, seller added the following information:
For delivery quotes of up to 75% off standard rates - try Shiply: I want to put this into my own items
This item has been shown 0 times.