Antique Butterfly Wing Sterling Silver Rio Tropical Scene Bracelet
This item has been shown 18 times.
Antique Butterfly Wing Sterling Silver Rio Tropical Scene Bracelet:
Antique BUTTERFLY WING Sterling Silver RIO Tropical Scene Bracelet Antique BUTTERFLY WING Sterling Silver RIO Tropical Scene Bracelet
Click images to enlargeDescription
To make this a smooth and pleasant transaction experience for everyone, all buyers need to read and understand the Description, Terms of Sale, Payment, and Shipping, below.
This antique butterfly wing bracelet features seven butterfly wing links. Each stunning link shows a different tropical scene, presumably of Rio, as each picture says "RIO" at the bottom.
The Morpho butterfly, which was used because of their beautiful iridescent wings, came from South American rain forests. But motifs vary depending on where the jewelry was originally sold. Many were travel souvenirs.
They were made by a technique called reverse painting. A scene was painted directly on the back of the glass and then placed on top of the butterfly wing background.
Most butterfly jewelry was produced between the 1920s and the 1950s, but this bracelet is an early piece--c1920 if not earlier.
The back is stamped and embossed "S.T. Silver."
Condition: Excellent--a few tiny dings on the back, front side of links is great!--glass is shiny and iridescence of the wings is gorgeous! It is possible that the spring ring clasp is not original.
Word of advice: You should never ever get butterfly wing jewelry wet--water will seep in and ruin the iridescence of the wings, if not the wings themselves. If you ever see butterfly wings with a green or greenish brown tinge or simply brown, they have been wet.
Approximate measurements: 7 1/2" long, 9/16" wide
Shipping includes insurance.
- Payment must be made within two days of close of sale or risk losing item.
- Please pay by PayPal or contact me for an alternate method of payment.
- Please be sure your shipping address on file with PayPal is correct. I will only ship to the address they give me (via the Transaction Details page).
- Buyer to pay for shipping through USPS.
- I will always combine items to save my customers money on shipping. To be included in the same shipment: 1) Items must be paid for at one time. 2) Last item purchased must close within seven days of the first, and be paid for no later than eight days from the end of the first sale.
- INSURANCE--In order to keep shipping costs down, insurance will NOT be included in the shipping price, if the value of the item is less than $50. If you would like insurance on those items, please let me know, and I will send you an invoice reflecting the additional charge. On items over $50, insurance will be included and will be part of the shipping charge.
- Shipping within the USA only.
- Shipping occurs usually 24 to 48 hours after payment is received. If you need the item by a certain date, please be sure to let me know.
- Please note: I have NO control over the U. S. Post Office. I like to save my customers money whenever possible so I offer choices for shipping. However, if you select First Class, Parcel Post, or Media Mail, your delivery time may range from 7 to 14 days. There is a reason those methods cost less than Priority Mail.
- If payment is not received within two days from purchase, I reserve the right to cancel the transaction and sell to the second highest buyer, if an sale,or relist the item, unless other arrangements have been made. An unpaid item case will be opened with after three days, and you will be blocked from offerding or purchasing in the future. In addition, I share my names of non-paying buyers and other abusers with other sellers.
- BUYERS WITH LESS THAN 10 responseS: Please contact me letting me know your intentions to pay if you are the high buyer and that you have read all sale terms. Failure to contact me will result in your offer being canceled.
- I list items because I want to sell them. If you do not intend to pay or think that you might decide later not to pay, please do not offer or purchase! All non-paying buyers names will be BLACKLISTED on a separate website created by sellers dedicated to BLOCKING abusive buyers from further purchases!
- I DESCRIBE ALL ITEMS TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY. Vintage and antique items are NOT new, so do not expect them to be perfect. They are rarely in mint condition, so do not expect them to be mint unless specifically stated. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY AND E-MAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE offerDING. All items sold in as-is condition, with no warranties expressed or implied. All sales are final, but in the unlikely event that there is a problem, please contact me before leaving neutral or negative response to see if the matter can be resolved.
- PAYPAL USERS PLEASE READ: I will ship the item to the shipping address shown on my "Transaction Details" page ONLY. The shipping address will show to buyers under "Shipping Information."
- Please do not offer or purchase if you are unable to adhere to any item listed here. You are agreeing to these terms when you offer.
Get Supersized Images & Free Image HostingCreate your brand with Auctiva's
THE simple solution for sellers.
Track Page Views With
Auctiva's FREE Counter