Antique Chinese Silk Hand Embroidered Manchu Robe Skirt Headpiece Qing Dynasty
This item has been shown 0 times.
Antique Chinese Silk Hand Embroidered Manchu Robe Skirt Headpiece Qing Dynasty:
Antique Chinese Silk Embroidered Manchu Robe Skirt Headpiece Qing Dynasty
We have many more photos and will be happy to share them with you - please message :)
Measured Flat :
- Robe : 54" Around Chest, 58" Across Sleeves, 34.5" Length
- Skirt Panels : 27" Across Top, 40" Across Bottom, 39" Length
- Headpiece : 18" Length, 3" At Widest Point
Hand embroidered silk formal Chinese robe with matching skirt panels and headpiece, late 19th to early 20th Century Qing dynasty. Vibrant and colorful - pink ground with jewel toned blue & green, and a dramatic black border.. The hand embroidery includes flowers, squirrels, crickets, and moths. Elaborate metallic brocade trim and applique throughout.
The robe closes asymmetrically, left over right, and metal snaps help keep it secured. Fully lined in blue silk and weighted along the bottom edges. Metallic threads add sparkle along the sleeves.
The skirt is in two panels with hook & eye and frog closures. The brown band at top appears to be linen.
The headpiece is a slightly deeper color (more coral than pink) than the robe and skirt and features metallic embroidery of butterflies and flowers. Fully lined in blue silk with black elastic band at back.
The set is damaged and will need cleaning and restoration. Sold as-is, as-found. The robe has several small stains (on the sleeves mainly), the blue silk lining is stained & shattering at the back of the neck/shoulder area, and there are missing threads - many bits of applique need to be re sewn. The skirt panels have a few small areas on the black border which are beginning to shatter; there are several stains and more missing threads needing attention. The fabric in all pieces feels supple and strong for their age, fragile certainly but fine for display or careful wear.
- Payment Terms
- Paypal rules. Payment (or arrangements) must be made within three business days.
- Shipping Terms
- We process your items quickly and ship exclusively via USPS Priority Mail unless otherwise stated in description.We are receptive to special requests and will on occasion alter our terms provided you ask prior to sale end. ****International Buyers**** Please Note: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying. We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior.