Antique Dutch Sterling Silver Chased Wedding Dance Vanity Trinket Table Box 1894 For Sale
Antique Dutch sterling silver chased wedding dance vanity trinket table box 1894
Offering an antique Dutch hallmarked silver trinket/ dressing table/vanity box with wedding scene
- Silver trinket box with chased decoration of dancers at a wedding on lid and mother and children/cherubs on the base. Sides stamped with a diamond dotted border decoration.
- Hinged lid.
- Dutch export marks (Schoonhoven assay office) plus London silver assay and import marks with Dutch date letter for 1894. Importer's mark SBL for Samuel Boyce Landeck. Dutch maker's mark MC.
- Measures approx. 7.5 cm (3") wide x 5.5 cm long (2 & 1/4) wide x 3 cm (1 & 1/2") high.
- Weighs 68 grams, 2.2 troy oz.
- Good antique condition. Some internal tarnishing in keeping with use and age. Silver in good order - decoration nice and crisp with no dents/damage. Some wear on the inner lip under the cover caused by opening and closing the lid. Slight loss of definition to the border decoration at the front. Hallmarks clear. Hinge good and lid closes securely. Please see photos.
- Would make a lovely gift.
Thanks for looking and happy offerding!
***Look out for my other great vintage and antique items and jewellery in my Spring sale.***
This item has been shown 0 times.