Antique J E Porter Hay Trolley W/ Center Pulley - Farm Barn Carrier Unloader
This item has been shown 0 times.
Antique J E Porter Hay Trolley W/ Center Pulley - Farm Barn Carrier Unloader :
For your consideration...
Antique J E Porter Hay Trolley with center pulley. Salvaged from a barn that was torn down in the NE Kansas area. Some think of these as the "soul" of the barn. A hay trolley was a very important part of storing up hay for the winter back in the days before engines and even with those old hit & miss stationary engines in some cases. Once up in the rafters on the track, even as the the farms moved forward with technology, these relics stayed up in the rafters until the barn comes down in many cases. Often times, the center pulley was separated from the trolley, if only because it could be brought down on the rope.
All the wheels turn and are pretty straight.No breaks or cracks or missing parts that I can tell.There is still some of the original silver-colored paint remaining on this trolley. We did clean it up a bit and oiled lightly. It is rusty and could use even more cleaning - or not - depending on your tastes.
Don't miss your chance to add this relic from the days of old to your collection!
Please examine pictures with zoom feature - pictures show condition. From an estate sale and selling "as-is".
Thank you for looking!!
Note:This trolley weighs in right around 25 lbs before packing for shipment. I have "guestimated" the shipping charges. I will include insurance on this package. If you wait for an invoice before paying, I may be able to reduce the shipping to your zip code.I will ship it via the most economical service.
THE FINE PRINT:
1. SHIPPING: I am glad to combine shipping where able - please be proactive. I cannot offer refunds to combine shipping once paid - so ask about it and wait for invoice if you have more than one sale or purchase. Also, please remember - the response question asks how quickly the seller shipped your item - NOT how fast did the shipping company deliver. I use USPS - most often the Priority Mail option unless it is prohibitively expensive. I ship daily Monday through Friday.
2. PAYMENT: Payment via PayPal expected within 3 days of sale end unless arrangements are made ahead of time. If you pay by e-check through PayPal, it takes several business days for that payment to clear and be deposited into my account (just like a paper check). Your item will ship once your e-check payment has cleared into my account. If you don't have aPayPal account -we will consider other forms of payment.
3. RETURNS & REFUNDS: All returns handled on an individual basis. Please contact us prior to returning item so that we can determine best way to proceed. If, by some chance your item arrives broken, I will need you to email me picture of packaging and picture of item before proceeding with return or refund. Thank you.
4. DESCRIPTIONS: Most of my items are obtained through estate sales and farm sales. I do clean up the items a little for the pictures, but I leave thorough cleaning to the new owner since patina from age and use, once removed, cannot be replaced. I describe items to the best of my ability and try to be very objective in my wording. I take lots of pictures as well, and they are intended to be part of the description. If you have a question that is not addressed in the photos or wording - please ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.
5. OUTSIDE THE LOWER 48 STATES: NO international shipping. From my experience, it is prohibitively expensive to ship outside the USA, I have had to cancel many transactions because of this, so I no longer offer international shipping options. If you are in Alaska or Hawaii, please verify shipping charges to you prior to offerding so there are no surprises.