Antique Mantel Clock By Ansonia C.1882 Pristine Rosalind Wood & Bronze Cherubs For Sale
Up for offer is the antique8-Day, 1/2 Hour Chime MANTEL / SHELF CLOCK "ROSALIND" (No. 975) by ANSONIA CLOCK CO. of New York circa 1882, as seen in the pictures / as described in the title. Excellent condition with NO major defects whatsoever. Complete, fully functional and works perfectly! Case/housing is mainly made of black enameled wood (hand-tooled & handpainted, victorian designs at front) with solid brass and/or bronze, highly ornate figural Cherubs, scrolls, flowers and a portrait of a woman's face (Rosalind, I presume). Movement is marked "ANSONIA CLOCK CO. U.S.A. NEW YORK" and "5-1/2"and "PATENTED JUNE 18, 1882". Guts are incredibly clean with very shiny brass. A beautifully designed, finely engineered movement. Original bezel, glass & brass gilt face (gold filled?),all present and lovely. Much of the original black paint to numerals remains. Both minute and hour hands present and excellent. Cast iron backplate with original tin circle"door" (clips in place at bottomand swivels 360 degrees, like-new (see 9th pic)) and pendulum(marked "S" & "F") are allpresent and without issue. Working key included (marked "65", may or may not be original).Also included is areceipt/invoice slip from Oak Ridge ClockShop, Inc (of Oak Ridge, N.J.), whereit was last serviced at (not dated but looks 10-20 years old) plus an instruction sheet on how to wind the clock properly (see 11th pic). Being offered for sale AS FOUND, uncleaned, with the most elegant, rich patina to the entire piece! Time really turned out a fantastic work of art, wielding age as its sole medium. An increasingly rare, true masterpiece example!! Cosmetic condition is as clearly & accuratelyshown in the high-definition pictures provided. Please inspect all of them carefully. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED or your money back ...no questions asked.
Measures 15" wide x 4-1/4" deep (at base) x 12-1/2" tall, overall. 5-1/2" diameter bezel/face.Bronze cherubs are approx. 6" tall.Total weight is23 lbs 6.0 oz.
NOTE: I haveextensive experience and am highly skilled at shipping fragile items. Over the past 3 years, I have successfully packaged & shipped many high-end clocks with zero damage/issues whatsoever,to destinations all over the world (many where considerably more delicate than this one). Your clock shall be very carefully secured, braced, cushioned, bubble-wrapped (in excess!)and double-boxed with 2 inch "airspace" between boxes. GUARANTEED SAFEDELIVERY(and fully insured at my expense, to protect us both)!
Please feel free to ask questions and/or request additional photographs. I will respond in a very timely manner.
THE FINE PRINT:
* Payment is expected within 48 hours after purchased / won (at the very latest). Immediate payment is VERY MUCH appreciated ...but I will certainly understand if you need a few more days for whatever reason(s). Please just shoot me a message with a few details and when you will be able to make payment. If I do not hear from you within 48 hours, I reserve the right to cancel the transaction and re-list the item, at which point you will lose out and NOT be permitted to offer/buy again.
* Please offer / buy with confidence. I stand behind my items and your satisfaction determines my success. My return rate is less than 1/32 of a percent (that's approx. 3 returns per 1000 transactions!). This is a result of the great care I take in cleaning/sorting/organizing/testing, researching, photographing, describing, expertly packing and shipping EVERYTHING I sell. I am a very reasonable & genuine person. If you are as well, we will certainly not have any problems :)
* All of my sale items are pre-owned unless otherwise stated in sale title and/or description. I aim to provide more than an adequate amount of photographs and to describe the item(s) as accurately as possible.
* Please check my other listings, if you are interested in buying multiple items from my store, I will combine shipping to the best of my abilities. You pay just $1.33 (handling) on top of the actual cost to ship the items ...no matter how much you buy!
* I make EVERY effort to ship same day and would say I do about 95% of the time …If not same day, then absolutely 2nd day.
* INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: All taxes, tariffs and/or any additional cross border(s) postal fees (if applicable) shall be THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY to pay upon pickup/receipt of item(s). This remains the case even if free shipping is offered and/or if we were to come to an agreed "door-to-door" price. In other words, I will NEVER pay these fees. For more information on these fees (if you'll be required to pay, fee amount(s), etc.), please refer to your local governing customs authority. I WILL NOT lower the value of the purchased item(s) nor will I mark as 'gift' on the customs form. This is against the law ...so please don't ask. The answer will be no (sorry).
* Pictures are of the actual item being saleed, unless otherwise noted in description above.
* Questions regarding condition and like inquires are welcomed and answered promptly. Please refer to manufacturer's websites for product specifications. Sadly, I am not an expert on everything I sell ...so doing a quick Google search on your own is a quicker way to find out technical specs, product compatibility, etc.
* Additional photos can always be provided upon request.
* Your response rating is important to me. Please contact me first if you are unhappy with your purchase to discuss the issue and work towards an amicable solution.
* For payments I accept PayPal only.
* I strive to use recycled shipping materials whenever possible. I collect boxes from local stores that I frequent and am always on the lookout for miscellaneous packing materials that would otherwise be thrown away. Not only does this save me money, but that savings trickles down to you, all the while doing our environment a service!
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? NEED CLARIFICATION? PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME.