INTERNATIONAL BUYERS PLEASE NOTE:
1) All of your government's fees, taxes, duties and so on, over and above shipping costs, are YOUR responsibility.
2) WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ESTIMATED SHIPPING COSTS, BUT PLEASE DON'T RELY ON THEM - THEY ARE ALMOST ALWAYS TOO LOW! Contact us for your SHI cost or wait for us to send you an invoice.
3) There's more info for International Buyers in Section 5 of our TERMS.
This pair of sterling silver candleholders was produced by the Acme Silver Co. of Toronto, Canada and carry marks that were in use between 1885 and 1895 -- see pic below. Each piece is 6 3/4" tall, 4 1/4" across the base, and 2 1/2" across the fixed bobeches / cups that hold the candles. They are weighted and reinforced for stability; that said, note that the total weight of the pair is 830.2 grams.
The next pic shows the inscription on the edge of the underside of one holder; the other one is inscribed the other way around - 'Herman To Carmen' - with the same date, Oct. 22, 1936. (Note that this set was inscribed 41 to 51 years after production!)
One bobeche is slightly bent and there are small dents on both of them; there's also a dent on the edge of one base, about an inch long, as pictured below. These are signs of normal use over the last 118+ years, and they are easy to ignore on this large and handsome set.
If this description, including the TERMS section below, has left any questions unanswered, we encourage you to eMail us before making a purchase.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUR OTHER ITEMS!
THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!
Pay me securely with any major credit card through PayPal!
We accept PayPal from buyers worldwide; however, item MUST be shipped to the address that PayPal provides to us.
1) REGARDING PAYMENTS: We will send you an invoice shortly after we receive notice of your purchase . All payments must be in US dollars and should be received no more than 24 hours after purchase. California residents / addressees must pay State Sales Tax in addition to their purchase price OR provide a hard copy (NOT an eMail / PDF / FAX / JPG / etc.) of a valid, signed Resale Card before merchandise can be shipped - ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!
2) FREE SHIPPING + INSURANCE: Provided within the continental US only, via UPS Ground Service or Priority Mail shipping (with Delivery or Signature Confirmation) - BUT ONLY IF WE MAY CHOOSE THE CARRIER! Buyer must pay additional costs if an alternate means of transportation is desired/required, and that may include USPS within 'the lower 48'. For example: We normally send items that we deem to be large, heavy and/or expensive via UPS; if we must send such an item to a PO box, buyer will be responsible for all charges incurred, LESS a $10 credit in lieu of UPS shipping costs. Note that any SHI cost we quote will be the lowest amount we will be able to accept in order to ship this lot to you - so PLEASE don't suggest or try to negotiate a lower SHI price. Thanks.
For goods that are to be shipped to Hawaii, Alaska or outside the US, contact us prior to placing a offer to learn your SHI cost. DO NOT EXPECT TO PAY 's ESTIMATED SHIPPING COSTS - THEY DON'T INCLUDE REQUIRED SERVICES AND THEREFORE THEY ARE ALMOST ALWAYS TOO LOW!
For items shipped outside the US, buyer will pay actual shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation charges. Packages going to Hawaii or Alaska will have to be sent via the PO; if that's the service we would have used to send the item(s) to an address 'in the lower 48', no additional charges or credits will accrue to the buyer. However, large, heavy &/or expensive items - which we always send via UPS ground service domestically - will incur extra charges when sent to AK and HI via the PO; in these instances, buyer will pay actual shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation charges, LESS a $10 credit to compensate for our free domestic shipping policy. Again, note that any SHI cost we quote will be the lowest amount we will be able to accept in order to ship this lot to you - so PLEASE don't suggest or try to negotiate a lower SHI price. Thanks.
Generally, we do NOT allow pick-up of merchandise by local buyers. (Items designated 'Pick-up Only' excepted, of course.) Contact us BEFORE making a purchase if you wish us to consider a merchandise pick-up, and please be prepared to have us decline your request.
3) REGARDING PAYPAL: We accept PayPal from buyers in all participating countries, worldwide, but the item MUST be shipped to the address provided to us by PayPal. (If your region or country is not on our 'Ship to' list, please contact us before making a purchase. And please be advised that we will ship to HONG KONG, but nowhere else in China.)
For items that are to be shipped outside of the US AND have a sale price of $250 or more, we will need to ship via the usually-more-expensive USPS EXPRESS MAIL method, in order to comply with PayPal's 'Seller Protection' requirements. NO EXCEPTIONS - Thanks for understanding.
4) REGARDING SHIPPING TIME: Our goal is to get your purchase shipped as soon as possible - though when we can ship depends on when we receive payment, of course. Usually, we can ship domestically within 2 business days of payment; International shipments may take a day or two longer. (There will be rare exceptions to this principle - such as storms, earthquakes, power outages, and so on; personal & family illnesses/emergencies; unusually high sales volume; other unforeseen circumstances - and in those instances we will ship as soon as it becomes possible for us to do so.)
5) INTERNATIONAL BUYERS PLEASE NOTE: If your region or country is not on our 'Ship to' list, please contact us before making a purchase. (Be advised that we will ship to HONG KONG, but nowhere else in China.) All duties, tariffs, taxes, and/or other fees imposed by an international purchaser's Customs (or other government) Department(s) are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
We will NEVER falsify Customs Documents; doing so is a crime, and so is ASKING us to do so! This transaction will typically be represented on the customs forms as a purchase of 'used merchandise', and it will be valued at your purchase price. We will be happy to add to the paperwork any TRUTHFUL descriptions of your merchandise, when applicable, if they may help to mitigate your country's fees - such as 'antique', 'returning to country of origin', and so on. If you are aware of any such relevant and truthful descriptions, be sure to bring them to our attention when you make payment.
AGAIN: PLEASE DON'T ASK US TO FALSIFY CUSTOMS DOCUMENTS - WE WILL NOT DO IT!
THANKS FOR CONSIDERING OUR MERCHANDISE. WE APPRECIATE IT!
YOU MAY CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR OTHER ITEMS.
This item has been shown times.
Antique Sterling: Pair Candleholders By Acme Silver Co Of Toronto, Canada: $285