Antique Victorian Hand Painted Ceramic Hm Silver Smelling Scent Perfume Bottle
This item has been shown 0 times.
Antique Victorian Hand Painted Ceramic Hm Silver Smelling Scent Perfume Bottle:
Antique Victorian hand painted ceramic HM silver smelling scent perfume bottle
Offering a pretty antique hand painted and enamelled cylindrical ceramic smelling/perfume bottle with hallmarked silver cap
England c. 1889
- Small cylindrical pottery bottle, hand painted and enamelled in pale pink graduating to fushia, with vibrant flowers and leaves in green, turquoise, yellow and gold. Probably Staffordshire.
- Silver screw-on cap with cork liner, decorated with intricate repoussé and engraved floral design.
- Chester assay marks for 1889. Maker's mark GW for George Watts & Co.
- Measures 5cm (2") high x 1.5 cm (1/2") diameter.
- Base gilded with the number 5134.
- Condition generally good to fair. Very fine crazing to glaze throughout. Paint and enamelling nice and bright. There are a couple of small patches of under-glaze darkening around the top flower and some mild surface flaking to the inside of the bottle neck. A few tiny specks of loss to the colour near the base. Silver cap very crisp with no dents. Please see photos.
- A really sweet little thing!
Thanks for looking and happy offerding!
***Look out for more great vintage, antique and modern scent bottles in my spring sale, plus other objects of virtue and vanity items.***
LOVE SCENT BOTTLES? Why not join the International Perfume Bottle Association and indulge your passion with other perfumistas? Visit us at www.ipba-uk.org.uk
Payment by Paypal only, within 7 days of purchase.
I will ship within 1 day of payment. I am happy to post to overseas buyers by Royal Mail international signed for service only, which includes insurance for loss or damage. However, you may be liable to extra import tax imposed by your customs service.
If payment is not made within 7 days of purchase, the transaction will be cancelled. I will give you a full refund if the item was not as I described it. Just return it as you found it within 10 working days, at your own cost.
If you have any questions or problems please message me through .