Antiques Israeli Jewish Vintage Judaica Pal Bell Menorah - Authentic
This item has been shown 0 times.
Antiques Israeli Jewish Vintage Judaica Pal Bell Menorah - Authentic :
AUTHENTIC Pal-Bell menorah made in Israel. Made with green verdigris, the menorah surrounds a leafy olivebranch sprouting out of the center (see photos). It is stamped underneath.The piece is in great condition with the exception of some slight wear on the lower drip tray from use which hardly detracts..Nice heavy bronze piece.
The menorah measures approximately 11 inches tall X 7.75 inches wide X 3 inches deep, and weighs approximately 2 pounds, 13 ounces. ABOUT PAL-BELLIn 1939 in Tel-Aviv, Israel, Maurice Ascalon (formerly known as Moshe Klein) founded Pal-Bell Co. Ltd., with the mission of creating tasteful decorative and functional metalwork and Judaica of the highest quality.From its founding in 1939, until 1956, Pal-Bell - a.k.a. Palbell - created scores of distinct brass and bronze items. Its wares ranged from decorative bowls, vases, pitchers, trivits and ashtrays, secular in motif, often Art Deco in style; to traditional styled, Judaic-themed commemorative plates, candle sticks, menorahs, bookends, figurines and more.Maurice Ascalon, who received formal artistic training in Brussels and Milan, was also Pal-Bell's chief designer. Through Pall-Bell, Ascalon introduced the use of green patina to Israel's modern metal craft industry. The application of reactive chemicals to the raw bronze and brass gave many Pal-Bell items their unique "antique" verdigris appearance. This technique was later imitated by other Israeli metal craft companies, and the green patina style became a hallmark of 20th century Israeli metalware. Pal-Bell's products were a favorite of tourists visiting Israel, especially during the early 1950s, which saw the company's height of production. Pal-Bell also exported a large quantity of its items worldwide, primarily to the United States and Britain, where they were sold in select retail stores. Pal-Bell's two factories, located on the outskirts of Tel-Aviv, towards Jaffa, employed as many as 100 people. Today, Pal-Bell originals are highly valued collectables among Judaica, metalware and tobacciana enthusiasts