Bantam Midget Aluminum Model 1930s Tether Car Replica Spindizzy 19" For Sale
Bantam Midget Aluminum Model 1930s Tether Car
Bantam Midget Model 1930s Tether Car Replica 19"
This highly detailed, high quality, Bantam Midget model is brand new, fully built & assembled (not a kit). The manufacturer is Authentic Models (please see below).
ON SALE NOW! To receive a 10% discount, please make an offer of $404.99. To do this just click on the blue "Make Offer" button above (just below "Buy It Now"), enter $404.99 and the offer will be automatically accepted.
The Bantam Midget model is completely hand-built & handcrafted of recycled polished aluminum, hardwood and brass. The seat & seat trim are made of leather. The wheels are wire spoked aluminum and the tires are made of rubber. The hood opens up to reveal a replica (non-working) gas engine.
This reproduction Bantam Midget tether car model was designed by using original blueprints and resembles the original spindizzy model down to the smallest detail.
This beautiful Bantam Midget model is packaged very securly within it's own custom molded styrene inserts, so that it will arrive safely to your door. Also included are spare nuts and allen wrenches, just in case a nut is lost or comes loose in transit. It is sure to become a conversational addition for your office or home decor and to be a family heirloom.
- Size: 18.9" length x 8.7" width x 7.1" height
- Weight: 4.4 lbs
- Material: Aluminum, wood, brass & rubber
- This model is for display only
- Manufacturer: Authentic Models
- Handcrafted individually
- Free shipping within the continental 48 U.S. States
The sport began in the late 1930s when some people decided to put a model airplane engine on a board with four wheels. Within a year there was racing of beautifully built cars that resembled the oval track cars of the period.
The sport picked up steam in the post-war years, spreading across the country and leading several manufacturers to offer chassis, bodies and engines for the cars. The sport even influenced full-size automobile racing: It’s widely known that several hot rodding pioneers got the idea to run nitro methane from the burgeoning Spindizzy scene.
Spindizzies resembled the full-size, open-wheel racers of their day. They raced against the clock, running either in metal grooves on banked wooden tracks, with several cars competing at once or alone on circular tracks, tethered by cables to a central pole.
Spindizzy racing started in Los Angeles in the late 1930s when hobbyists began building miniature cars powered by the engines of their model airplanes, which were fueled by a mix of alcohol, castor oil and gasoline.
From the beginning, they were much more than simple toys. For example, the Indianapolis car from B. B. Korn Manufacturing Company, introduced in 1938, featured a hand-cast alloy chassis with five cross members, a louvered aluminum body and ball-bearing axles with rubber bushings.
Engines especially designed for cars soon pushed the speeds to over 100 miles per hour. By the early 1950's they were going over 150 mph using the legendary Dooling 61 engine in a car that had ceased to look like anything on a big car track.
Our Bantam Midget has been reproduced from an original, down to the smallest details. For the race car aficionado or anyone who is mesmerized by a good looking racecar, this is for you.
Authentic Models Inc was created more than 40 years ago in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Authentic Model's expertise and interests go back many centuries. AM's collection of nautical ship models, furniture, artifacts and accessories is inspired by the age of exploration, maritime history, cartography and more…Learn more about Authentic Models Inc
More Fully Built Tether Spindizzy Car Models by Authentic Models Are Available.
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse CaptJimsCar-go for more Aviation Home Decor, Nautical Etched Furniture, Museum Quality Ship Models, Old World Style Globe Bars and Low Priced Nautical Gifts!
(close the new window to return to this item)!
- We accept PayPal (which includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay we also accept credit cards Mastercard, Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- PayPal-'s service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your purchases!
- Free shipping within the continental 48 U.S. States.
- Item will be shipped within 3 business days of payment received confirmation via UPS GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states). A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out . All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska, Puerto Rico or Hawaii, please contact me for the exact shipping.
Packing: Models & furniture are securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- For damaged or defective items: Report any damage or defectiveness within 14 days of shipment arrival. The item will be replaced or a refund will be issued for the full cost of the item when replacement is unavailable. To get a replacement, please simply return the item (It's the buyers responsibility to return the shipment within 14 days after notifying me). For other reasons please contact me to get a return authorization, restocking fees applied.
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or backorder. use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.
This item has been shown times.