Bezalel Zevev Raban Hebrew Silver Plated Siddur Israel 1966 Judaica For Saletemplate Mouse Over the Images Below to Enlarge The pictures do not do justice to this magnificent item.
Bezalel Style Hebrew Prayer Book Siddur With Silver Cover After Ze'ev Raban, Israel, 1966
A magnificent Bezalel style Hebrew prayer book (Siddur) with a silver plated cover after the original design by Ze'ev Raban, made in Israel by "Sinai Publishing", 1966, Judaica.
The cover is decorated with a Decalogue and a Torah crown, set with various turquoise stones, surrounded by the symbols of the twelve tribes and their Hebrew names, inscribed in Hebrew "Ki Mitzion Tetze Tora" ("for out of Zion shall go forth the law", Isaiah 2:3).
The side is decorated with two spies carrying a grape cluster on top and bottom, centered by Hebrew inscription "Siddur" (prayer book).
On the reverse there is a 7 light Menorah, inscribed in Hebrew on top and bottom "Jerusalem" (Jerusalem souvenir), surrounded by thesymbols of the twelve tribes and their Hebrew names.
The book is printed in Hebrew.
Comes in the original plastic box.
A wonderful gift for your Jewish friends or family, ideal as a Bar-Mitzvah gift, a great addition to any collection.Free shipping, handling and insurance.A superb Judaica, Jewish, Hebrew, Israel item.
Length: 12.5cm. / 4.9in.
Wolf Rawicki, later to be known as Ze'ev Raban, was born in Lodz in 1890.
Raban reached Eretz-Israel in 1912 and joined the staff of the Bezalel School in Jerusalem.
Raban's acquaintance had been with a European Symbolism that was international, equivocal, and often personal.
In Eretz-Israel he created a "Hebrew Symbolism" that was national and carried a clear message.
He developed a visual lexicon of motifs based on Jewish designs and topics, and to these he added his own Hebrew calligraphic script and other decorative elements, to form what was to become the "Bezalel style".
The Bezalel school was founded in 1906 by Boris Schatz, who shaped its character.
His approach stressed both the practical and the ideal.
His vision was to develop useful arts and crafts among Palestinian Jews, thereby decreasing the dependence on charity.
At the same time, he sought to inspire his students to create a Jewish national style of the arts, in order to promote the Zionist endeavor.
Width: 9cm. / 3.5in.
- Weight : Condition : 284gr. / 9oz. Excellent. Contact Us : We are happy to provide fast customer service over email, phone, or fax.
Click the "Ask Seller A Question" link at the top of this page.
Our number: 0099-0024
- We accept payment by PayPal
- Payment should be received within three working days from purchase.
- Israeli buyers to pay the current VAT, which is roughly 16%.
- We guarantee the items we sell are as described. Should we accidentally ship the wrong item, you may return that item.
- ALL returns must be authorized.
- Buyer must notify us within 48 hours of receipt that the item differs from its description. Refunds are given only if the item is not as represented, the return was authorized by us, and the item was shipped back within five days from authorization date.
- Item must be returned by registered insured mail and packed well, like we packed it.
- Item must be returned undamaged and in original condition.
- Refund will be for the actual amount paid including shipping and insurance cost. We do not take responsibility for any personal or third party losses.
- Worldwide shipping, handling and insurance are free of charge.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying. These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up. Do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
- All items are shipped from Israel within 5 business days after receiving your payment.
- All items are shipped by Express Mail Service (EMS), which usually takes 5-7 business days to arrive from shipping date, traceable on USPS website.
Free of charge - see above.
Our number: 0099-0024Unique template design, marketing, and strategy consulting from As Was®
This item has been shown 0 times.