Bossons Chalkware Heads "imagical World Of Bossons" "york" 1988 For Sale
Bossons Chalkware Heads "Imagical World Of Bossons" "YORK" 1988
Up for offer in this sale is a
Bossons Chalkware Head
"Imagical World Of Bossons"
W. Ray Bossons designed the first "Character Wall Masks" in 1958.
The popularity of these "Heads" spread worldwide.
Bossons designed gypsum plaster "heads" in many forms, such as Seafarers, Men of the Deserts, Mountains & Sea,and many more.
This Bossons is titled, "YORK"
York was an explorer and hero with the Lewis & Clark Expedition of 1804.
The BOSSONScharacter study wall head of York is based upon literary descriptions and sketches and paintings of the time.
York was the man-servant of William Clark, and he was the only black man to be part of the Lewis and Clark Corps of Discovery, which set out for the western sea in the spring of 1804.
York loved to dance. He was a big man - he was almost 6 feet 5 inches & weighed over 200 pounds. Even the various Indian tribe the Expedition met later were surprised at his gracefulness and dancing ability.
As with all Bossons, York is very life like!
York measures 6 1/2" x 4 3/4" x 3 1/4" inches at the widest & longest points. This weighs in at 1 pounds, 7.6 ounces.
This is marked:
1988 BOSSONS ENGLAND
This also has both hang tags.
Please look at the photos both above and below to see all of the details.
Don't miss the opportunity to add thisitem to your collection!
Be sure to add me to your favorites listand check out my other SHIPPING charges can be combined for multiple purchases!
- On international shipping, we will NOT put a lower value on the customs form. The customs form will contain the price paid for the item - no exceptions.
- If the item is not allowed as an import to your country, please do not offer.
- If the value of the item is cost prohibitive for your import rules and taxes, please do not offer.
- We will ship the cheapest way possible into your country. HOWEVER, if your country specifies that certain items MUST be shipped Global Express only, then that is the only shipping option that we are able to offer. These are sometimes a hundred dollars, so please check postage carefully before offerding or email us for a postage quote.
- As a business entity, we need to follow the import and export rules and laws. I'm sorry if this causes an item to be cost prohibitive to your country.
- Also, we are not responsible for any import taxes or fees for your country of origin. You will be responsible for South Dakota, Minnesota and NE buyers will pay all state and local sales taxes. Other stateswill not have sales tax.
- If you purchase an item in one of these states that is not taxable, please contact us and we will remove the sales tax. These items would include coins or currency.
This item has been shown 0 times.