September 15th, 2014 International Day of Democracy September 16th, 2014 World Ozone Layer Day September 17th, 2014 Constitution Day and Citizenship Day September 19th, 2014 International Talk Like a Pirate Day September 19th, 2014 National POW/MIA Recognition Day September 21st, 2014 International Day of Peace September 22nd, 2014 Autumnal equinox September 22nd, 2014 Emancipation Day September 25th, 2014 World Maritime Day September 25th, 2014 Rosh Hashana September 27th, 2014 World Tourism Day September 28th, 2014 Gold Star Mother's Day September 28th, 2014 World Heart Day September 28th, 2014 World Rabies Day October 1st, 2014 International Day of Older Persons October 2nd, 2014 International Day of Non-Violence October 4th, 2014 Feast of St Francis of Assisi October 4th, 2014 Yom Kippur October 5th, 2014 World Teachers' Day October 5th, 2014 Eid-al-Adha October 6th, 2014 World Habitat Day October 6th, 2014 Child Health Day October 8th, 2014 World Day for Natural Disaster Reduction October 9th, 2014 Leif Erikson Day October 9th, 2014 World Sight Day October 9th, 2014 First day of Sukkot October 9th, 2014 World Post Day October 10th, 2014 World Mental Health Day October 11th, 2014 International Day of the Girl Child October 13th, 2014 Indigenous People's Day October 13th, 2014 Columbus Day October 13th, 2014 Native Americans' Day October 15th, 2014 International Day of Rural Women October 15th, 2014 Last day of Sukkot October 15th, 2014 White Cane Safety Day October 16th, 2014 Shmini Atzeret/Simchat Torah October 16th, 2014 Boss's Day October 16th, 2014 World Food Day October 17th, 2014 'Alaska Day' observed October 17th, 2014 World Day for Poverty Eradication
Breathtaking 1840s Ringuet Gilt Clock & Pair Of Candelabra Museum Quality Mint For Sale
MUSEUM QUALITY 1840s LOUIS XVI STYLE MAISON DE RINGUET & Co. PARIS GOLD GILT BRONZE MANTLE CLOCK & PAIR OF CANDELABRA FROM ESTATE OF THE LATE AMERICAN RESTAURANT & HOTEL ENTREPRNEUR HOWARD D. JOHNSON
Ringuet & Co. only produced these heavily gold-leafed hand-cast bronze clock and candelabra sets for Europe's wealthiest families from 1840 to 1850 from their small foundry headquarters in Leprince, Paris, Rue Caumartin..
It is our pleasure to offer this beautiful, one-of-a-kind museum quality set for a limited time here on before making it available later at one of thd world's leading sale galleries.
This was originally a clock and 4 candelabra set when it was purchased by the most recent owner in 1975 from the estate of the late American restraurant and roadside hotel entrepreneur, Howard D. Johnson of the world wide franchise chain Howard Johnson's. At the time of the sale, two of these candelabra were separately purchased by and remain on display in the Dallas Museum.
Since 1975 this set has remained prominently on display in the home of a famed St. Louis physician. The clock is of significant proportions at 27" across the base, 14" high and by itself so heavy that it requires 3 strong movers to safely lift and put it in place. The clock continues to keep excellent time and the winding key is included.
The candelabra on either side of the clock are a stunning pair that appear matched at first glance but on closer examination the character and beauty of each becomes apparent...including subtle differences in the candle area. They each measure 33" tall and 14" across the top area.
This breathtaking set has already been "white glove" crated in two separate custom made crates as part of the winning offer but shipping and mandatory full insurance coverage is extra...the arrangement and separate payment for which is the sole responsibility of the winner.
Shipping: We will be pleased to assist the winner with the details and arrangments for their appointed carrier to pick up the crated pieces for transport.
Please read Terms and Conditions carefully.
- Ask ALL questions prior to offerding
- We reserve the right to cancel any unwanted offers.
- Payment is required to be completed within 24 hours of the close of this sale and we only accept advance wire transfer, Chase QuickPay or Paypal direct instant account transfer (not e-Checks, debit or credit cards through Paypal) as payment.
- We only sell to those in the U.S., Canada, Europe & Asia.
- Any applicable taxes will be applied and the winning buyer is responsible for their payment directly to those entities. We will produce the supporting paperwork, upon request, but will not in any way recharacterize the description of the crates' contents for custom's purposes.
- We strive to picture and describe our items in appropriate detail. The pictures are part of our description. All items are sold as-is, so ask your questions before offerding. Once this sale is completed with payment it becomes the property of the winning buyer and must be picked up from our warehouse within ten (10) days of the close of the sale by the winning buyer's appointed carrier. There are no returns. If you believe we have misrepresented anything please email us first to discuss any problems or concerns. We want everyone to be satisfied with our sales, the same way we are satisfied with our purchases. Thank you for taking time to view our sales and GOOD LUCK!
Posted with the Android app
Posted with Mobile
Posted with Mobile
This item has been shown 0 times.
Breathtaking 1840s Ringuet Gilt Clock & Pair Of Candelabra Museum Quality Mint: $12,500