Breathtaking 1840s Ringuet Gilt Clock & Pair Of Candelabra Museum Quality Mint For Sale
MUSEUM QUALITY 1840s LOUIS XVI STYLE MAISON DE RINGUET & Co. PARIS GOLD GILT BRONZE MANTLE CLOCK & PAIR OF CANDELABRA FROM ESTATE OF THE LATE AMERICAN RESTAURANT & HOTEL ENTREPRNEUR HOWARD D. JOHNSON
Ringuet & Co. only produced these heavily gold-leafed hand-cast bronze clock and candelabra sets for Europe's wealthiest families from 1840 to 1850 from their small foundry headquarters in Leprince, Paris, Rue Caumartin..
It is our pleasure to offer this beautiful, one-of-a-kind museum quality set for a limited time here on before making it available later at one of thd world's leading sale galleries.
This was originally a clock and 4 candelabra set when it was purchased by the most recent owner in 1975 from the estate of the late American restraurant and roadside hotel entrepreneur, Howard D. Johnson of the world wide franchise chain Howard Johnson's. At the time of the sale, two of these candelabra were separately purchased by and remain on display in the Dallas Museum.
Since 1975 this set has remained prominently on display in the home of a famed St. Louis physician. The clock is of significant proportions at 27" across the base, 14" high and by itself so heavy that it requires 3 strong movers to safely lift and put it in place. The clock continues to keep excellent time and the winding key is included.
The candelabra on either side of the clock are a stunning pair that appear matched at first glance but on closer examination the character and beauty of each becomes apparent...including subtle differences in the candle area. They each measure 33" tall and 14" across the top area.
This breathtaking set has already been "white glove" crated in two separate custom made crates as part of the winning offer but shipping and mandatory full insurance coverage is extra...the arrangement and separate payment for which is the sole responsibility of the winner.
Shipping: We will be pleased to assist the winner with the details and arrangments for their appointed carrier to pick up the crated pieces for transport.
Please read Terms and Conditions carefully.
- Ask ALL questions prior to offerding
- We reserve the right to cancel any unwanted offers.
- Payment is required to be completed within 24 hours of the close of this sale and we only accept advance wire transfer, Chase QuickPay or Paypal direct instant account transfer (not e-Checks, debit or credit cards through Paypal) as payment.
- We only sell to those in the U.S., Canada, Europe & Asia.
- Any applicable taxes will be applied and the winning buyer is responsible for their payment directly to those entities. We will produce the supporting paperwork, upon request, but will not in any way recharacterize the description of the crates' contents for custom's purposes.
- We strive to picture and describe our items in appropriate detail. The pictures are part of our description. All items are sold as-is, so ask your questions before offerding. Once this sale is completed with payment it becomes the property of the winning buyer and must be picked up from our warehouse within ten (10) days of the close of the sale by the winning buyer's appointed carrier. There are no returns. If you believe we have misrepresented anything please email us first to discuss any problems or concerns. We want everyone to be satisfied with our sales, the same way we are satisfied with our purchases. Thank you for taking time to view our sales and GOOD LUCK!
Posted with the Android app
Posted with Mobile
Posted with Mobile
This item has been shown 31 times.
Breathtaking 1840s Ringuet Gilt Clock & Pair Of Candelabra Museum Quality Mint: $12,500