Bridgewater State College Physical Education Commemorative Pairpoint Cup Plate
This item has been shown 36 times.
Bridgewater State College Physical Education Commemorative Pairpoint Cup Plate:
Physical Education Major Pairpoint Glass Cup Plate 50th Anniversary 1937 -1987 Made in USA This interesting clear crystal Pairpoint Glass cup plate celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the Physical Education Major Program at Bridgewater State College. The informational inserts explains the connection to the former Hyannis State Teachers College.
- Boxes and padding are included for packing protection. These are vintage plates and boxes may be stained, and have handwriting or labels. If you prefer a new white gift box, please send me a message.
- The pictures are taken close and could show blemishes that are not necessarily seen by the naked eye. The photos that show the greatest detail generally appear a little different than the actual color.
- Made in America. The Pairpoint Glass Co. of Sagamore, MA, which is on Cape Cod, is the oldest glass making company in the USA. The company is well-known for manufacturing quality crystal cup plates since the 1920's. The majority of the vintage crystal cup plates were commissioned by historical societies, museums, churches, and other non-profit organizations.
- Pairpoint cup plates are a unique work of art. Cup plates were signed with the Pairpoint trademark and the initials/monogram of the engraver. Using traditional freehand methods, the engraver worked directly in steel using a hammer and chisel. Using an antique press that made early cup plates, these plates were pressed in 34% lead crystal.
- If a plate does not have a Pairpoint label/sticker on it or in the box, the label was removed or the plate was not graded as first quality. If included, the sticker will be visible in one of the photos or I will write a notation indicating the label is in the box.
- Cup plates are small, round decorative glass tea coaster-like collectibles that generally measure about 3.5 inches in diameter. They are often used as window ornaments as the small plates glisten and sparkle in the sunlight on a window sill. Other uses include:
- Butter Pats
- Wedding Favors
- Tea Party Favors
- Ring or Trinket Dishes
- Small Dishes for Gourmet Appetizers or Cup Cakes
- Unique Glass for Stained Glass Windows or other Art Glass
- Your order will be shipped in a padded bubble mailer via First Class USPS mail from Maine
- Priority Mail is available
- If I mail 3 or more listings to you at once, I automatically upgrade to Free Priority Mail
- Returns are accepted for 30 days
- Refunds for purchase price including shipping
- Free return shipping
International Shipping via GSP
- I do not ship directly to International addresses or offer returns for International orders
- I do offer International shipping via 's Global Shipping. Shipping and import charges are calculated and paid for by the buyer upon checkout (See Details for Countries and Costs)
- I ship to a U.S. Shipping Center and the center handles the rest
- Each item must be sent separately; multiple listings cannot be combined into one package
- International returns are not supported
About me as a Seller
- The majority of the cup plates I sell belonged to my mother, who was a very active member of Cape Cod's Pairpoint Cup Plate Collectors of America (PCPCA). She collected many vintage cup plates, and had most, if not all, of the limited editions. Each cup plate has a unique story and history. I enjoy matching plates with people who appreciate this unique form of art glass.
Be sure to check my other items for current listings Visit My store: Cup Plates If you are looking for a specific plate, let me know. If I have the plate, I will list it (I have thousands more that are not listed).