British Navy Union Jack Flag Pond Yacht Model 31" Wooden Ship New
This item has been shown times.
British Navy Union Jack Flag Pond Yacht Model 31" Wooden Ship New:
Union Jack Flag Pond Yacht Model 31"
British Navy Union Jack Flag Pond Yacht Model 30.75"
This high quality, intermediate level, nautical decor Union Jack pond yacht model is brand new, fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit). The manufacturer is Authentic Models (please see below). This model ship requires some easy semi-assembly you will need to raise up the mast, unfurl the sails and adjust the rigging (please see instructions below). The rigging attaches with hooks (no knot tying).
This Union Jack pond yacht model was specially designed & built by the plank on frame method (joining multiple small pieces of wood together on the hull). The hull topsides have been lightly distressed, painted a ivory white and the bottom painted with bright red paint. Fittings are handmade of bronze. The cloth sails are hand stiched and represent the colors of the British Union Jack Flag. The pond yacht model comes complete with a stand.
Whether to use "Union Flag" or "Union Jack" is a matter of debate.
When the first Flag was introduced in 1606, it became known simply as "the British Flag" or "the Flag of Britain". The royal proclamation gave no distinctive name to the new Flag.
One theory goes that for some years it would have been called just "the Jack", or "Jack Flag", or "the King's Jack", but by 1674, while formally referred to as "His Majesty's Jack", it was commonly called the Union Jack, and this was officially acknowledged.
It is possible that the term "Jack" occurred because of its regular use on all British ships using the "Jack Staff" (a Flag pole attached to the bow of a ship). Members of the Royal Navy only refer to the Flag as the Union Jack when it is flying on their ships, commonly phrased as 'at sea'. The article "Union Flag" is part of the Wikipedia encyclopedia. Models Inc was created more than 40 years ago in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Authentic Model's expertise and interests go back many centuries. AM's collection of nautical ship models, furniture, artifacts and accessories is inspired by the age of exploration, maritime history, cartography and more…Learn more about Authentic Models Inc
The Union Jack pond yacht model has the look of a 1930's original pond yacht model. It is sure to have tremendous appeal as a salty addition to your nautical decor and to become a treasured family heirloom.
- Overall Size: Large 30.75" Length x 5.5" Width x 34.4" Height
- Manufacturer: Authentic Models
- Material: Wood
- Detailed inlaid wood strip deck
- Fully assembled, some easy assembly required, rigging attaches with hooks (no knot tying), instructions are included.
- Free shipping within the continental 48 U.S. States
More Sizes & Styles of Antique Nautical Yacht Model Sailboats Are Available.
Union Jack Pond Yacht Model Instructions:
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse Capt.JimsCargo for more Nautical Decor Sailboat Models, Museum Quality Ship Models, XL Teak Ship Wheels, Nautical End Tables, WWI Propellers and more...To browse more items - Click on the Logo below
(close the new window to return to this item)!
- We accept PayPal (which includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay we also accept credit cards Mastercard, Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
- International Buyers please pay with PayPal.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- PayPal-'s service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your purchases!
- Free shipping only within the continental 48 U.S. States.
- Item will be shipped within 1 to 3 business days of payment received confirmation via UPS GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states). A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out . All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska or Hawaii, or any other part of the world, please contact me for the exact shipping.
- International buyers are responsible for all customs & import fees, all import fees will be calculated and paid at checkout to the Global Shipping Program.
Packing: Models & furniture are securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- For damaged or defective items: Report any damage or defectiveness within 14 days of shipment arrival. The item will be replaced or a refund will be issued for the full cost of the item when replacement is unavailable. To get a replacement, please simply return the item (It's the buyers responsibility to return the shipment within 14 days after notifying me). For other reasons please contact me to get a return authorization.
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or backorder. use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.