British Pristine Dove Gray Morning Vest Waistcoat 1950's Adjustable Med/xl Grey
This item has been shown 0 times.
British Pristine Dove Gray Morning Vest Waistcoat 1950's Adjustable Med/xl Grey:
1950'sGenuine Vintage Dove Grey Double-breasted Morning Suit Waistcoat/Vest-- Adjustable: Medium to Extra-Large (and long, too)! ATTENTION, MY BRITISH FRIENDS: ROYAL ASCOT COMING SOON! I'll guarantee delivery in time for the big day!
I'm not quite sure why it is the case, but finding a dove grey, double-breasted morning suit waistcoat/vest is a very difficult task! If you don't believe me, do a search on ...and -UK, too! They're just very hard to find! I have an excellent, British-made example here, in near-perfect condition. It is tagged a British size "42 Long Fitting"...thoughthe vest is adjustable by elastic straps at the waist, as well as an adjustable button-strap at the neckline. It can easily and quickly adjust from a sizeMedium to an Extra-Large (see measurements below). It is a fine, wool-blend fabric (tagged 55/45% Poly/Wool), lined in a lighter shade of grey (wool, I believe). It doesn't have a maker's tag, though it does say "Made in England". I estimate this to be of the Post-WWII period, roughly 1955, I would guess. Whatever its age, it is of the CLASSIC style, designed to be worn with a dark grey morning tailcoat and hickory striped trousers...and top hat...and all the other accessories. That's what it was designed for...but that shouldn't mean it couldn't be worn with a complementary suit or jacket of another variety. All I know is that it looks absolutely smashing, with the overlapping lapels in the front. And the lapels are nicely peaked, too...another feature that's hard to find. It has two pockets on the front. It has a rather fuller, longer cut that many backless morning suit vest, and very much has the appearance of a full-backed vest. Some gents prefer the full-backed vests. Myself, with a sometimes fluctuating waistline, I appreciate the adjustable qualities of these backless vests. No tailoring required! Just tighten that elastic! (or let it out!).
Condition: It is in VERY good condition! No stains, holes, marks or flaws at all (other than one small dot on the inside lining--which, of course, is not visible when worn). The elastic at the waistlineis in finecondition and remain very snappy and stretchable, though I tend to think the previous owner had a rather ample waist, as though the elastic isquite stretchable, it does "crinkle" somewhat when not stretched (see Photo #11).The interior, which is lined in a light grey rayon satin,remains clean, odorless and rather perfect, actually (except for the one 'dot'). All the original buttons are extant and remain firmly attached. They appear to be nacre/mother-of-pearl, though they may be a composite material. They certainly LOOK like mother-of-pearl, though I can't confirm the actual material.
Thesizing/measurements are tough to gather with backless vests...but here are some figures for reference:
Chest (Across the front, at widest point): 14”--it is backless, so this figure doesn't really mean much.
Waist: Expandable from about 32" toover 42", fully-extended
Waist: 18" (across the front).
Length (top of back collar to bottom front): 22" long, expandable to about 23" long.
Lapel: 3 1/2” at widest point (at the peak of the lapel)
In short: I'd say the only size person this would not work so well with would be an extremely broad-chested fellow. Otherwise, it would work, I think, for anyone from amedium to a not-too-extra-large. And with the adjustable neck buttons, would be suitable for a tall or medium tall fellow.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS sale IS ONLY FOR THE VEST/WAISTCOAT--NONE OF THE OTHER ACCESSORIES ARE INCLUDED OR FOR SALE.
You can buy with assurance with me. Refer to my 100% positive response and know that I only sell quality merchandise that I'm proud to be associated with. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact me and I'll try to help in a timely manner.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a buyer with less than 10 positive responses, you must contact me before offerding to assure that you are genuine. I regret having to do this, but owing to several fools with nothing better to do than to place false offers on my items--and then disappear--this is, sadly, a necessity.
- Insurance is required on all items...and as a "free gift" with your purchase, I will pay for the insurance (U.S. only).
- I accept PAYPAL ONLY as a form of payment, and payment is required within three days of sale's end.
- I do ship internationally,via USPSInternational Priority Mail, which ishigher than U.S. First Class, but it is quicker delivery and it is easier for both ofus to track the shipment while it's en route—the international rates will be calculated and charged actual cost at the end of the sale.
- Importantnote: As I have had problems with shipping/customs tocertain countries, I don't ship everywhere internationally, so check to besure that I can ship to your area before offerding.
- I only ship via USPS Priority Mail and will ship your item in the smallest box that it reasonably fits into--thus, there may be wrinkling upon arrival. If you prefer to have it shipped in the next-largest sized USPS Priority mail box, I'm happy to do that...though there is, of course, extra postage involved (and Internationally, it can be substantially higher, as the cost is based on the size of the box, not the weight).
- And as I feel that this item is fully, accurately and completely described and shown, there are no refunds/returns.
THANK YOU, and good luck offerding! Please check my other sales, too...you may find something you absolutely can’t live without!