C 1800s Rare Lord Nelson Funeral Antique English Sheet Music 18 Scores King Geor For Sale
Rare Antique English Sheet Music, C. 1800, Lord Nelson Funeral, King George Jubilee, More
RARE COLLECTION EARLY 1800S SHEET MUSIC LORD NELSON FUNERAL KING GEORGE III JUBILEE
Now offered for your consideration is this bound folio containing 18 different sheet music scores dating from the early 1800s. English in nature, and printed via copper plate engraving on wove paper (though a couple are on laid paper), these 18 songs offer a marvelous representation of the culture of early 19th century England. Perhaps the most impressive score in the folio is the Burial Service and Chant for the Funeral of Lord Nelson; the details for that particular score are as follows:
- The Burial Service, Chant, Evening Service, Dirge & Anthems Appointed to be Performed at the Funeral of Lord Viscount Nelson Duke of Bronte, at St. Pauls Cathedral on the 9th of January 1806. Composed by Dr Croft, Henry Purcell, Esq. Dr. Greene, Thos. Attwood Esq. & George Frederick Handel Esq, Dedicated by Permission to the Right Revd. The Lord Bishop of Lincoln, Dean of St. Pauls, By his Lordships Obedient Servant, John Page, Vicar Choral. London: Printed & Published by Messrs Clementi and Co. Sold at all the Music Shops in the United Kingdom and by the Editor, 19 Warwick Square, . Folio, 40 pages.
Following are the other 17 titles of musical scores:
- The Royal Jubilee, A Musical Divertimento in Commemoration of His Majesty, King George the III. Having Completed the 49th year of His Reign. Composed by Dr. Joseph Kemp. Published Oct. 25th, 1809. London: Printed for G. Walker, . 8 pages.
- Sonata for the Piano Forte, With an Accompaniment for the Violin…..to her Royal Highness the Princess Charlotte of Wales, by Mrs. Miles. 29 pages.
- The Celebrated Overture to Lodoiska by Haigh. London: G. Walker. 11 pages.
- Hymn des Marseillois et Air Militaire, L. Von Esch. London: Broderip & Wilkinson. 7 pages.
- Lewie Gordon. A Favorite Scotch Air, Arranged for Two Performers….by T. Haigh. London: Rt. Birchall. 9 pages.
- A Favorite Polonoise, for Two Performers on the Piano-Forte by Louis Van Beethoven. London: Rt. Birchall. 7 pages.
- Overture to La Clemenza di Tito by Mozart. Arranged as a Duett…by J. F. Burrowes. London: Rt. Birchall. 9 pages.
- Eight Waltzes, for the Piano Forte Composed & Respectfully Dedicated to the Right Honorable Lady Mary Taylor by Henry Mathias. London: C. Mitchell. 6 pages.
- The Nightingale, A Favorite Musical Air, as Performed at Brighton. London: C. Mitchell. 3 pages.
- Introduction and Brillante Movement. From Le Retour de Zephyr. Composed by S. Teibelt. The Bedford Musical Saloon. 3 pages.
- The Villagers Dance, form the Ballet of La Belle Laitiere…by D. Steibelt. London: Rt. Birchall. 6 pages.
- Here’s the Bower. A Ballad Dedicated to Her Grace the Duchess of Bedford. London: T. Powers Music Ware House. 6 pages.
- This is the House that Jack Built, A Theatrical Chant, As Composed and Sung by John Bull & Family. London: G. Walker. 3 pages.
- Said a Smile to a Tear, Sung by Braham…in the Opera False Alarms, at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. London: Preston. Pages 22-27.
- The Song of Fitz-Eustace, the Poetry from Marmion a Tale of Flodden Fields, as Sung by Mrs. Ashe, at the Bath Concerts. Composed by Dr. John Clarke of Cambridge. London: Wilkinson & Co. 7 pages.
- Lo! My Henry is No More. By Pleyel. London: Polyhymian, G. Walker. 1 page.
- No One Sees Me, Duett. Sung by Mr. Elliston & Mrs. Mountain, in the Young Hussar…by Wm. Dimond, Michl. Kelly. [London]: Printed & Sold by Ml. Kelly at his Opera Saloon. 3 pages.
- Give Me the Key, Duett, By Mesds. Mountain & Bland. In the Young Hussar. ]: Printed & Sold by Ml. Kelly at his Opera Saloon. Pages 13-16.
- My Valentine, A Ballad…..by Wm. Horsley. London: Rt. Birchall. 3 pages.
- Air, I. Sul Margine D’un Rio. London: Rt. Brichall. 3 pages.
- Lochinvay, Lady Heron’s Song….by Walter Scott…composed by Thos. Attwood. London: Monzani & Co. 3 pages.
- The Captive to his Bird…Sung by Mr. Incledon,…Composed by J. Mazzinghi. London: Goulding Phipps D’Almane & Co. 3 pages.
- Not Soft Falling Showers to the Flowerets at Noon…by E. Phelps. London: Rt. Birchall. 3 pages.
- A Boat Dancing on the Clyde (??). London. 3 pages.
- Bella Donna, A Favorite Arietta as Sung by Mrs. Ashe…Composed by C. B. London: Rt. Birchall. 3 pages.
- He Loves and He Rides Away. A Favorite Ballad…by M. G. Lervis. London: R. Birchall. 4 pages.
- Aline’s Complaint from Madame de Genlis’ Popular Novel The Siege of Rochelle..by Joseph Major. London: C. Mitchell. 3 pages.
- A Collection of Scots Songs. Edinburgh. Pages 1-6, 13-14.
- 1807 Walker’s Collection of the Most Favorite and Fashionable Dances. London: G. Walker. 3 pages.
Condition notes: Good+. This folio collection of antique English sheet music, measuring 13 ½ inches by 9 ¼ inches, is bound in calf over marbled boards; these are somewhat rubbed and worn, a prior owner’s gilt name label affixed to front board. There are several page repairs, and there multiple tears to the second song (Sonata for Princess Charlotte). The overall tenor of the pages, lyrics and musical notation is very good.
This item has been shown 0 times.