Chanel Cambon Ligne Medium Tote Bag Cream And Black Leather
This item has been shown times.
Chanel Cambon Ligne Medium Tote Bag Cream And Black Leather:
Purple Carrot Antiques a division of Garfinckels, America's Store
CHANEL CAMBON LIGNE Medium Tote Bag cream and black leather
Medium Tote Bag cream and black calfskin leather
Serial Number included
A medium sized shoulder tote in the Cambon line from CHANEL. The serial number shown below indicates that this bag is from the 2002-2003 season, is a cream or ecru colored calfskin leather with quilted stitching on the outside, with matching black leather on the shoulder straps, the large CHANEL entwined C logo, and the triangular patch on the lower right front as shown. The interior is a red satin material with the entwined C logo in the pattern of the cloth.
This bag also includes a white dust bag (likely original) as well as serial number retail kit as described below. While we cannot represent this bag as 100% authentic CHANEL, it passes all notable authentication points as follows:
- The serial number on the hologram card is 7244764, dating this bag to the 2002-2003 season. Because of the off-white color of the leather, this was likely from the cruisewear line.
- The diamond stitching is correct as expected. There are no overlays - such as a contrasting color pouch on the back - so there is no way on this bag to test for acuracy of overlay diamond stitching.
- The lettering on the handle groments is as expected, silver on silver.
- The CHANEL Paris leather tag is sewn on the front of the inside zipper pouch
- The outside zipper pull - entwined C is blank on one side and the registration mark on the other
- The inside zipper pull on the zippered pocket shows CHANEL on one side and the smaller entwined C stamped on the other.
- The large black leather entwined C logo on the front of the bag is done correctly with Right overlapping at the top and Left overlapping at the bottom
- The paperwork:
- White envelope with CHANEL and entwined C logo
- Instruction and warranty booklet printed with hologram on cover
- Serial Number card printed with hologram
- Serial Number is 7244764
- The leather shows some dirt from use and could be easily cleaned by a conservator. Nothing major here. The bag looks "dirty" in our photos because the leather is off-white not a pure white. You wouldn't want to carry this with a bright white outfit as the crean colored leather will look dirty.
- Heavier scrubbed areas on the front and back corners on the C side of the bag (see photos.) Both are approximately 1" long along the piping in the corners. The other side of the bag shows only minor scuffing along the bottom piping.
- All four feet show scraching from use on the bottom tips. No oxidization or discoloration of the metal other than this scratching on the tips.
- The top zipper shows some light dirt and spots of discoloration likely from the metal zipper and the bag being stored flat. This could be cleaned and restored by a conservator. The leather edge tends to fold over the zipper so this is not noticable in most situations when carrying the bag.
- Inside the bag is an approximately 1-3/8" long ballpoint ink mark above the zippered pocket as shown in the detail photo.
- Very minor dirt and smudges to the bright red interior as expected with use.
- Please note that this bag does not include the interior serial number tag. It is not unheard of for the consumer to remove this tag. It is not an essential part of the validation process of an authentic CHANEL piece.
Overall this is a very good example, obviously a daily use bag likely for one season, and still in well above average condition.
This sale will begin as a 5 day sale with a much lower than market rate starting offer, and . This bag will sell for the highest allowable offer at or above the starting point.
If the bag does not sell at sale, it will be re-listed immediately as a store item with a "buy it now" price that is within the current market price for the bag.
Please ask any questions before the end of the sale or before buy it now purchase, as this item is not returnable.
Good luck to all buyers!
- USPS Priority Mail (insured) is included at no extra cost for this item.
- USPS Priority Mail (insured) 1-day service (formerly Express Mail) is available as an upgrade, with the price calculated for you based on your distance from our shipping point in Durhan, NC, USA.
- Note that the bag will ship to Confirmed US Addresses only, and no substitute (or gift) shipping addresses are permitted.
- We ship direct to the buyer - no freight forwarding services are used or allowed.
USPS Priority Mail
USPS Express Mail
We ship to US ADDRESSES ONLY No International Shipping
WARRANTY INFO: This item is Used/Previously-Owned, or is New Old Stock. Please see item description for the specifics of this sale.
Estate Items are noted as such in the description with as much provenance as we can obtain. Please do not request any additional information on the estate source, as our inventory's history is Confidential, except as noted in the sale description.
(In other words: what you read is what we know!)
Everything sold in this sale is USED and"AS IS" condition. We are very careful to note any flaws that we find with the item, using our 1 (junk) to 10 (perfect) scale. Items sold are NOT RETURNABLE.
We are glad to help you with any insurance claims for items damaged in transit.
U.S. shipping addresses only. We cannot ship to Canada.
PAYMENT INFO: We accept PayPal payments only. Payment is due within 1 business day of sale closing. If you are offerding on multiple items and want to combine shipping, please contact us on .
*NC Residents pay 7.00% Sales Tax (per state law, tax is included on shipping charges.)
Our goal is 5-Star 100% customer satisfaction, and we are happy to leave great response for our loyal customers. If you have any problems or questions, please contact us at . . If you prefer us NOT to leave you response, please contact us through the link in this sale.
Shop our online store Purple Carrot Antiques on .
*All contents and photographs Copyright Purple Carrot Antiques, All Rights Reserved.