July 24th, 2014 Laylat al-Qadr July 24th, 2014 Pioneer Day July 27th, 2014 Parents' Day July 28th, 2014 World Hepatitis Day July 29th, 2014 Eid-al-Fitr July 30th, 2014 World Friendship Day August 5th, 2014 Tisha B'Av August 9th, 2014 World Indigenous Peoples’ Day August 11th, 2014 Victory Day August 12th, 2014 International Youth Day August 15th, 2014 Statehood Day in Hawaii August 15th, 2014 Assumption of Mary August 15th, 2014 'Bennington Battle Day' observed August 16th, 2014 Bennington Battle Day August 19th, 2014 World Humanitarian Day August 19th, 2014 National Aviation Day August 23rd, 2014 World Day for Slave Trade Abolition
Canada - 2012 'Two Loons' Colorized $1 Pure Silver Coin 1oz .9999 Fine
Celebrating 25 Years of Canada’s Iconic Loonie
In 2012, the Royal Canadian Mint celebrates the 25th anniversary of the Loonie, the iconic Canadian one-dollar coin bearing the image of this great Canadian symbol. Like its namesake, the Loonie has proven resilient, emblematic, and long-lived.
The reverse of this painted 38-millimetre fine silver 1-oz proof coin features Canadian artist Richard Hunt’s Two Loons. The image, steeped in the tradition of Hunt’s Kwaguilth first nation heritage, depicts two loons facing one another in profile, beak-to-beak, each with one stylized wing raised above its diamond-patterned black and-gray back. The image is then mirrored beneath them, as though their 'kiss' is reflected in water. While the loons at the top of the image are white with gray detailing, those in the reflection are entirely gray, except for their red-toned eyes. A circle of white diamond shapes against the black frame surrounding the image represent the birds’ markings. The image is quartered into alternating light green and red segments behind the loons. The red colouring in the image depicts the stunning orange-red of a West Coast sunset. The soft green is complementary to the red, reinforcing the dualism of the image. No text appears on the reverse of the coin. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- A unique opportunity for collectors of Canadian coins to celebrate 25 years of one of Canada’s most historically striking coins -the Loonie. Individual inspection of each coin ensures that owners will be fully satisfied with the quality of this addition to their collection.
- This artistic coin features Two Loons printed in 1995 and designed in Kwaguilth first nation style by renowned Canadian artist Richard Hunt, a member of the Order of Canada and the first Native artist to be the recipient of the prestigious Order of British Columbia. The beautiful design covers the whole coin reverse, in vibrant colours painted over an engraved surface.
- Low world-wide mintage.
- Face Value: 1 dollar
- Mintage: 10,000
- Composition: 99.99% Fine Silver
- Weight (g): 31.39
- Diameter (mm): 38
- Edge: Serrated
- Finish: Proof
- Certificate: Serialized
- Artist: Richard Hunt
- Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized sleeve to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Loonie.
Please Noted the following :
1. Shipping Cost is varies depends upon Country, all shipping are done by CANADA POST,shipping to US is FREE, and Within Canada is $ 4.50 $9.75 to $11.75 for the rest of the world depends on location. (NOCombined shipping for this item)(Please noted that due to Insurance criteria, we will not ship to the following countries "Afghanistan, Angola, Bolivia, Burma, Brazil, Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire), Liberia, Mexico, Nigeria, North Korea, Paraguay, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela. Any location that would be in violation of any U.S. economic or trade sanctions including OFAC Restricted Countries. For shipments to Russian and other Commonwealth of Independent States countries (includes Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan) "
2. Shipment for Personal Check will wait until bank clear.
3. If you are paying by Paypal, I can only ship it to the confirmed credit card/checkaddress.
4.All Canadian buyers are charged either HST, GST or on shipping/Handling Charge ONLY, For BC PST will be applied to the item & PST/GST on the shipping charge, Failure to include payment for applicable sales tax may result in delays of processing your shipment.
If you would like to leave response, your positive response is greatly appreciated. If you do leave us response please leave 5 star ratings. This is very important to us because We work very hard to provide an honest business, quality items as described, excellent communication, and fast accurate shipping. If you have any problems please contact us prior to leaving response so We can take care of it. If you leave less than 5 stars without letting us know why then how do we know what you were not happy with and how can we know what needs improvement?