Chinese Antique Five-colored Porcelain Square Flat Vase W Kylin For Sale
strongerbz Store CarvingBooks about and Stele4 Treasure of the StudyFurniture and WoodwareGlass WareGold & SilverJade scrollPainting albumSilk & FabricStone CarvingOther
HomeMing Dynasty Five-Colored Porcelain Square Flat Vase w KylinChinese Antique Five-Colored Porcelain Square Flat Vase w Kylin399.98129.98
Image gallery (click and see the details)Item Description
here is one Five-Colored Porcelain Square Flat Vase w Kylin.
- Height: 47 cm, width: 34 cm,
- Weight : 13.8 lbs,
- Condition : good,
- Find more reference of the Ming Dynasty Porcelain for your collection here!
Ming Dynasty (1368 - 1644): Throughout the Yuan Dynasty, which lasted less than a century, there was relatively strong sentiment among the populace against the Mongol rule. The frequent natural disasters since the 1340s finally led to peasant revolts. The Yuan Dynasty was eventually overthrown by the Ming Dynasty in 1368.Urbanization increased as the population grew and as the division of labor grew more complex. Large urban centers, such as Nanjing and Beijing, also contributed to the growth of private industry. In particular, small-scale industries grew up, often specializing in paper, silk, cotton, and porcelain goods. For the most part, however, relatively small urban centers with markets proliferated around the country. Town markets mainly traded food, with some necessary manufactures such as pins or oil.Despite the xenophobia and intellectual introspection characteristic of the increasingly popular new school of neo-Confucianism, China under the early Ming Dynasty was not isolated. Foreign trade and other contacts with the outside world, particularly Japan, increased considerably. Chinese merchants explored all of the Indian Ocean, reaching East Africa with the voyages of Zheng He.
Early Ming decorative arts inherited the richly eclectic legacy of the Mongol Yuan dynasty, which included both regional Chinese traditions and foreign influences. For example, the fourteenth-century development of blue-and-white ware and cloisonne; enamelware arose, at least in part, in response to lively trade with the Islamic world, and many Ming examples continued to reflect strong West Asian influences. A special court-based Bureau of Design ensured that a uniform standard of decoration was established for imperial production in ceramics, textiles, metalwork, and lacquer.
Zhu Yuanzhang or (Hong-wu, the founder of the dynasty, laid the foundations for a state interested less in commerce and more in extracting revenues from the agricultural sector. Perhaps because of the Emperor's background as a peasant, the Ming economic system emphasized agriculture, unlike that of the Song and the Mongolian Dynasties, which relied on traders and merchants for revenue. Neo-feudal landholdings of the Song and Mongol periods were expropriated by the Ming rulers. Land estates were confiscated by the government, fragmented, and rented out. Private slavery was forofferden. Consequently, after the death of Emperor Yong-le, independent peasant landholders predominated in Chinese agriculture. These laws might have paved the way to removing the worst of the poverty during the previous regimes.
The dynasty had a strong and complex central government that unified and controlled the empire. The emperor's role became more autocratic, although Zhu Yuanzhang necessarily continued to use what he called the "Grand Secretaries" to assist with the immense paperwork of the bureaucracy, including memorials (petitions and recommendations to the throne), imperial edicts in reply, reports of various kinds, and tax records. It was this same bureaucracy that later prevented the Ming government from being able to adapt to changes in society, and eventually led to its decline.
Emperor Yong-le strenuously tried to extend China's influence beyond its borders by demanding other rulers send ambassadors to China to present tribute. A large navy was built, including four-masted ships displacing 1,500 tons. A standing army of 1 million troops (some estimate as many as 1.9 million) was created. The Chinese armies conquered Vietnam for around 20 years, while the Chinese fleet sailed the China seas and the Indian Ocean, cruising as far as the east coast of Africa. The Chinese gained influence in East Turkestan. Several maritime Asian nations sent envoys with tribute for the Chinese emperor. Domestically, the Grand Canal was expanded and proved to be a stimulus to domestic trade. Over 100,000 tons of iron per year were produced. Many books were printed using movable type. The imperial palace in Beijing's Forofferden City reached its current splendor. It was also during these centuries that the potential of south China came to be fully exploited. New crops were widely cultivated and industries such as those producing porcelain and textiles flourished.
In 1449 Esen Tayisi led an Oirat Mongol invasion of northern China which culminated in the capture of the Zhengtong Emperor at Tumu. In 1542 the Mongol leader Altan Khan began to harass China along the northern border. In 1550 he even reached the suburbs of Beijing. The empire also had to deal with Japanese pirates attacking the southEastern coastline; General Qi Jiguang was instrumental in defeating these pirates. The deadliest earthquake of all times, the Shaanxi earthquake of 1556 that killed approximately 830,000 people, occurred during the Jiajing Emperor's reign.
During the Ming dynasty the last construction on the Great Wall was undertaken to protect China from foreign invasions. While the Great Wall had been built in earlier times, most of what is seen today was either built or repaired by the Ming. The brick and granite work was enlarged, the watch towers were redesigned, and cannons were placed along its length.Payment
we accept PayPal, if you'd like to use other payment way please contact with us. we will send out your purcahses only after your personal check be cleared if you use personal check.Store Terms and Return Policy
1. item be damaged during transportation, we strongly encourage you to inspect freight at the time of delivery or pickup for any damage. If you detect damage refuse the freight as damaged. In that way you get full refund smoothly!100% satisfaction guaranteed and response
2. item be found damaged when you open the package after you take package home or the postman has left your home with your signature on receipt, please contact with us ASAP, you have three days to take photograph of the damaged item and inform me about this by email, over this time limit we won't give any refund.
3. package be verified to be lost during transportation by USPS, you will get full refund.
4. package be returned to us because of any our error or any error from Postal Office, the pacakge will be free resent to you.
5. package be returned to me because of any your error such as wrong shipping address or no people at home over two weeks or you don't pick up the package in time after the postman leave one note at your mail box. you will have to pay the resending shipping cost.
6. 30 day money back:we will gladly exchange, credit or refund your purchase from us if returned within 30 days of the end of sale. To return, one returning shipping address will be provided, you will have to pay return shipping and the item must be returned in its original condition. please mail via insured package service. Also allow 2 weeks for refunding processing.
1. As a responsible Seller, we guarantee our customers 100% satisfaction for your transaction with us, please NOT open one case before you email us, we strive for positive response on all transactions and nothing less than an overall Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of 5. If you are considering giving a neutral or negative response or a low DSR, do write to me and give me an opportunity to address your concerns first.2. After payment is received, I will leave positive 5 star response to you. You may think that you are leaving a reasonable rating by giving a seller DSR's of 4****'s, but 's response system treats anything less than a 5*****'s as sub-standard and penalizes sellers for DSR ratings that average under 5.00. Which means it count's against me on my response score.3. Please don't leave 1* or 2* star,because 1* or 2* = Negative response.
Add to Favorites seller listReceive email newsletterView Seller's responseVisit seller's Shop
This item has been shown 509 times.
Chinese Antique Five-colored Porcelain Square Flat Vase W Kylin: