Civil War Era (1846-65) Edward Barnes & Sons Celebrated Dirk Bowie Knife 11" Mq
This item has been shown 2 times.
Civil War Era (1846-65) Edward Barnes & Sons Celebrated Dirk Bowie Knife 11" Mq:
Civil War era (1846-65) Edward Barnes & Sons Celebrated Dirk Bowie Knife 11" MQ
- Beautiful Antique Edward Barnes & Sons Celebrated Dirk Bowie Knife
- Dates c. 1846-65, likely closer if not in Civil War considering Motif
- 6-3/8" L x 1" W Blade, Marked in Scrolls "Manufactured By Edward Barnes & Sons), slightly obscured
- Ricasso Marked "Edward Barnes & Sons Celebrated Dirk Knife" Mostly Obscured by oxidition
- Stunning German Silver Mounts with Patriotic Motif: Guards have American Eagle with stars. Bottom has American Eagle below American Shield, Liberty Cap & Sword Mounted Balancing Scales.
- Centered Horn Grip with silvered pins, Blank engraving oval
- Comes with Antique Velvet Knife Box, with form fitting handle slot
- Measures approx. 11" Total Length
- Great addition for your collection!
Free Priority Mail 2/3 Day Shipping with full insurance and signature delivery is included in the sale price for this item.
Edward Barnes (& Sons) was a prolific Sheffield maker of Knives & Cutlery, particularly Bowie Knivesfor the American Market.Our High Resolution Photographs are taken for your review and inspection of the item in detail. Please review and feel free to ask any question you may have. International buyers must request shipping cost please! Thanks for stopping by! Be sure toView Our Storeto see our extensive inventory of great Antiques, Collectibles, Vintage Toys, Photographs,and more!
Powered by SixBit's eCommerce Solution