Diy Geiger Counter Kit (arduino-compatible Radiation Detector Kit)
This item has been shown times.
Diy Geiger Counter Kit (arduino-compatible Radiation Detector Kit):
This Geiger Kit provides the electronics needed to run most GM tubes and count and display the events. It uses an ArduinocompatibleATmega328P microprocessor.The original DIY Geiger Counter Kit with the new Version 5 circuit board, and over 75quality components.
This is a mature product with many satisfied customers, great documentation and support.Check out the Build Instructions, schematic, circuit description, and much moreat:
This listingdoes not include theLCD display. Please see my other listing that does include thedisplay.
(Uses the commonly available 2x16 character display - HD44780 compatible)
The Geiger tube, battery or any case is not included.
- quality silk-screened PCB - 4.7 x 9.14 cm (1.85 x 3.60 inches)
- ATmega386 microprocessor is Arduino “Uno” compatible with headers for all I/O pins
- designed to be expandable and adaptable - both the Geiger circuit and the processor can be used independently of each other if desired.
- standard 2x16 LCD display simply plugs into provided headers - no extra board needed
- jumper allows board to be run with a 9V battery or AA batteries + 4 jumpers for other functions
- high voltage power supply – adjustable from 200 to>940volts(preset at 450V for most tubes)
- miniature speaker instead of piezo for a classic Geiger counter sound
- IR sensor on board
- LED indicates activity directly from the GM tube
- capable of displaying high CPM counts (over 1,000,000)
- FTDI connector outputs activity to serial port and also allows for reprogramming
( low cost adapter required for PC connection)
- interfaces to various graphing programs and the free “Geiger Bot” phone app
- optional daughter board available for data logging to microSD card with GPS location
- original author of the Version 10.1 software - pre-installed
- display in CPM and choice of uSv/h, uR/h or mR/h
- uses a running average for count display along with a fast acting bar graph
- second “scalier” display for 1 minute and user defined accumulated counts
- low battery indication
- alarm for high counts with settable threshold triggers off of either CPM or dose
- Setup Menu - configure parameters and features with a TV remote
- Tone Mode - optionally set speaker to produce a tone that varies in pitch with activity. (like a metal detector)
This kit requires decent soldering skills and the ability to follow instructions. Returns are not accepted.Tariffs, customs duties and other fees are the responsibility of the buyer.Kits are shipped USPS 1st Class (Economy).Shipping time for international is usually around 3 weeks, but some countries, take much longer.Economy shippingdoes notprovide a tracking number for overseas orders..
Committed to producing the best DIY Geiger Kit for over 2 years.
Thank you for considering theoriginalkit and for realizing thedifference. :-)