Douglas Dakota Dc 3 Aluminum Airplane Model Aircraft
This item has been shown 2 times.
Douglas Dakota Dc 3 Aluminum Airplane Model Aircraft:
Douglas Dakota DC 3 Aluminum Airplane Model
Aluminum Douglas Dakota DC 3 Airplane Model 25"
This expert level, highly detailed, museum quality, Douglas Dakota DC 3 aircraft model is brand new, fully built & assembled (not a kit). The manufacturer is Authentic Models (please see below).
The Douglas DC 3 airplane model is completely hand-built & handcrafted of aluminum etched metal sheets over a lightweight wooden frame. The wheels are metal and the tires are made of rubber.
This limited edition Dakota DC 3 model is highly detailed with extreme engine detail, windows, landing lights and even rivets are shown. The model aircraft can be displayed hanging from the ceiling, sitting on it's own landing gear or mounted on it's own solid cast aluminum stand (included).
This model is silver and there are no other markings. It is sure to become a conversational addition to your aviation decor and is the perfect size for hanging.
- Size: 25.5" length x 38.5" wingspan x 6.75" height (14.2" height on the included stand)
- Material: Aluminum, wood & rubber
- Manufacturer: Authentic Models
- Limited edition
- Handcrafted individually
- Free shipping within the continental 48 U.S. States
December of 2010 marked the 75th anniversary of the DC3’s first flight.
The Douglas DC-3 is an American fixed-wing, propeller-driven aircraft whose speed and range revolutionized air transport in the 1930s and 1940s. Because of its lasting impact on the airline industry and World War II it is generally regarded as one of the most significant transport aircraft ever made. Many DC-3s are still used in all parts of the world.
The DC-3 was engineered by a team led by chief engineer Arthur E. Raymond and first flew on December 17, 1935 (the 32nd anniversary of the Wright Brothers' flight at Kitty Hawk). The aircraft was the result of a marathon phone call from American Airlines CEO Cyrus Smith to Donald Douglas requesting the design of an improved successor to the DC-2. Total production of the DC-3 was 16,079. More than 400 remained in commercial service in 1998.
With only three refuelling stops, eastbound transcontinental flights across the U.S. taking approximately 15 hours became possible. Westbound trips took 17 hours 30 minutes because of typical prevailing headwinds — still a significant improvement over the competing Boeing 247. Before the arrival of the DC-3, such a trip would entail short hops in slower and shorter range aircraft during the day, coupled with train travel overnight.
Early U.S. airlines like United, American, TWA and Eastern ordered over 400 DC-3s. These fleets paved the way for the modern American air travel industry, quickly replacing trains as the favored means of long-distance travel across the United States.
During World War II, many civilian DC-3s were drafted for the war effort and just over 10,000 US military versions of the DC-3 were built, under the designations C-47, C-53, R4D, and Dakota. Peak production was reached in 1944, with 4853 being delivered. The armed forces of many countries used the DC-3 and its military variants for the transport of troops, cargo, and wounded. The article "Douglas DC-3" is part of the Wikipedia encyclopedia. Models Inc was created more than 40 years ago in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Authentic Model's expertise and interests go back many centuries. AM's collection of nautical ship models, furniture, artifacts and accessories is inspired by the age of exploration, maritime history, cartography and more…Learn more about Authentic Models Inc
More Fully Built WWI Biplane Fighters & Larger Plane Models by Authentic Models Are Available.
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse CaptJimsCar-go for more Aviation Home Decor, Nautical Etched Furniture, Museum Quality Ship Models, Old World Style Globe Bars and Low Priced Nautical Gifts!
(close the new window to return to this item)!
- We accept PayPal (which includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay we also accept credit cards Mastercard, Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
- International Buyers please pay with PayPal.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- PayPal-'s service to make fast, easy, and secure payments for your purchases!
- Free shipping only within the continental 48 U.S. States
- Item will be shipped within 3 business days of payment received confirmation via UPS GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states). A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out . All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska or Hawaii, or any other part of the world, please contact me for the exact shipping.
Packing: Models & furniture are securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- For damaged or defective items: Report any damage or defectiveness within 14 days of shipment arrival. The item will be replaced or a refund will be issued for the full cost of the item when replacement is unavailable. To get a replacement, please simply return the item (It's the buyers responsibility to return the shipment within 14 days after notifying me). For other reasons please contact me to get a return authorization, restocking fees applied.
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or backorder. use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.