Ducati : Other For Sale
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon with just over 40000 km - NOT miles; heck, it probably only has about 22k miles - hard to say specifically because these bikes have notoriously inaccurate speedo/odo units!Would consider trades - bikes like Versys, Vstrom (V-Strom or DL650), SV650, or perhaps a bike that I could race in vintage classes (with orgs like WERA or AHRMA ) - then I'd get rid of one of my other bikes too!
904 fuel injected ADV (think: MultiStrada, Hyperstrada, etc.) bike
with nice upgrades.
Ferracci pipes and chip, BMC filter, 43 tooth sprocket, tall windshield - otherwise all stock and complete.
Had a complete service at 36600 km - new belts, valves adjusted, oil and filter, new upgraded battery. Wiring to rectifier has been upgraded. New rear wheel bearings.I always wanted one of these bikes, but bought it impulsively - I already have a garage full of bikes.I really like this bike - I've owned and ridden literally hundreds of bikes and this is a really unique ride - but I also really like my KLR650 (more practical) and W650 (more unique). Garage space is at a premium, and I promised the wife that when I bought it something else would have to go. I know I'll regret it, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be able to take the kinds of week long trips that this bike is begging for.
If the bike goes for the "Buy It Now" price I will include the very nice and very expensive Nonfango bags (see pictures), crashbars, stock pipes and chips, and other miscellaneous parts.
Otherwise, this sale is for the bike alone as described above.
I can help with transportation - within limits. Heck, I could ride it to you and you could fly me home! Or I can bring it to you on a trailer. Or ship? All possible on your dime!
I've noted all the things that I feel would need to be addressed for the bike to be PERFECT:
1) Tires are pretty worn - they do have a couple of thousand km's left in them though!
2) I greased and adjusted the steering head bearings, but ideally I think that they could be replaced (maybe when tires are changed?!) No notchiness, and the bike is not tank slapping or handling funny - but I know that new bearings would be an improvement.
3) I've touched up some of the chips and scratches, but the bike is not cosmetically perfect - just darned good; the upper fairing has a small crack on the left side.
4) Bike has never been crashed, but looks to have been dropped on right side as there are MINOR scratches on the bar end and the crash bars
5) I removed the wiring for the cigarette lighter and grip heaters (is this really a bad? I didn't like all of the wiring running all over!)
6) Rear wheel has the anodizing coming off in places (see pic) - could use a strip and polish (or powdercoat black?)
Bike runs extremely well and needs nothing to ride across country today - more pics and video available, just email me!
Nonrefundable $250 deposit via paypal due within 48 hours of completion of sale, unless other arrangements are made. Remainder to be paid in cash upon delivery.
This item has been shown 0 times.