East St. Louis Race Riots Negroes Lynch Mobs Kill Many Blacks 1917 Old Newspaper
This item has been shown 0 times.
East St. Louis Race Riots Negroes Lynch Mobs Kill Many Blacks 1917 Old Newspaper:
East St. Louis RACE RIOTS Negroes Lynch MOBS Kill Many Blacks 1917 Old Newspaper (Note: additional images are located below the description) Shown is an original & historic old newspaper, offered to enhance your collectible interest: THE MORNING STAR, Wilmington, North Carolina, July 4, 1917
* East St. Louis MO Missouri race riots
* Negroes - lynch mobs
The front page has one column headlines:
"13 COMPANIES OF MILITIA ON DUTY IN EAST ST. LOUIS"
"Death List of Negroes Killed by Mobs Totals Twenty-Eight; 310 Homes Burned"
"75 Persons Were Injured"
and more. Coverage on the East St. Louis race riot which was considered one the worst in U.S. history.
Other news, sports and advertisements of the day. Complete in 10 pages, light browning, a little margin wear, otherwise good condition. Should be handled with care.
wikipedia notes: The East St. Louis Riot (May and July 1917) was an outbreak of labor and racially motivated violence that caused anywhere between 40 and 200 deaths and extensive property damage in the United States industrial city of East St. Louis, Illinois, located on the east bank of the Mississippi River across from St. Louis, Missouri. It was the worst incidence of labor-related violence in 20th century American history, and one of the worst race riots in U.S. history. It gained national attention. The local Chamber of Commerce called for the resignation of the Police Chief. At the end of the month, ten thousand people marched in silent protest in New York City over the riots, which contributed to the radicalization of many.
An informative video regarding the rare newspapers hobby
is shown at the bottom of the listing!
Please Note: All of our offerings are 100% authentic! We do not offer reprints or reproductions of any kind. They are guaranteed to be original! See below the photo for additional information related to Shipping, our Return Policy,
Premium Packaging, Certificates of Authenticity, and other offerings by
Timothy Hughes Rare & Early Newspapers.
The following video provides additional information
about collecting rare newspapers:
- A U.S. winner pays $7.00 S&H. Combined shipping is available for additional items won (within a 7 day period) for only $1.00 per item (excluding bound volumes) provided the items are paid for simultaneously.
- All U.S. orders include insurance and are guaranteed (at no additional cost to the buyer).
- All U.S. bound orders include delivery confirmation (if sent by USPS) and/or tracking (if sent by UPS).
- Expedited shipping is available for all orders upon request. Every effort is made to ship all orders within 24 business hours of receiving payment.
- Some items may be shipped 1st Class, especially if they are small. We will still provide tracking and insure them at our expense.
If the automated checkout process does not properly combine shipping according to our stated shipping policy, please contact us to obtain a revised invoice. Thank you. International S&H Policy...
- Upon purchasing, international winners should contact us for an invoice which includes S&H to their location.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying. Note: We will not falsify customs declarations or mark an item as "gift" in order to avoid customs fees.
- If insurance is desired, be in touch for a quote. All insured orders are subject to customs, duties, & taxes for the amount insured and are subject to item 2 above.
- Large and/or brittle issues must be shipped flat and are required to be shipped by Priority Mail International (PMI), often at a weight of 3 pounds or more - quite expensive. Please contact us for a pre-purchase/pre-offerding S&H quote if you are concerned about the potential S&H cost.
- International purchasers are encouraged to take advantage of our combined shipping policy to lower the cost per item S&H.
Certificate of Authenticity... A certificate of authenticity is also available for an additional $3.00, which includes both the issue date and title, and certifies, by Timothy Hughes Rare & Early Newspapers, the issue to be authentic & original. If desired, purchase this directly (through ) at: Certificate of Authenticity. About Us... Contact Information...
We have been dealers in rare newspapers for over 37 years, currently serve as a consultant to the Freedom Forum Newseum , and are members of the American Antiquarian Society. offer with confidence knowing that every item we offer is guaranteed to be absolutely genuine.
View My Other Offerings
More Information About Us
Timothy Hughes Rare Newspapers
P.O. Box 3636
Williamsport, PA 17701-8636
E-mail: contact us via messages
Hours: M-F, 7:30-4:00 EST
If the winner would like to have either the Premium Packaging with an $9.00 folder or the $3.00 Certificate included with their issue, please purchase these directly through using the links provided. These items are also available through our cross-promoted items and through our store.
Note: In an effort to honor 's policies and our loyal customers who watch our listings,
we do not end sale items early - off . We hope you understand!