Emerson Silver Swan Fan, 5460-art Deco 1930s, 3 Speed
This item has been shown -1 times.
Emerson Silver Swan Fan, 5460-art Deco 1930s, 3 Speed :
This is a Silver Swan manufactured by the Emerson Electric Manufacturing Company of St. Louis, Missouri.It was manufactured during the great depression and was marketed in the late 1930s.It showcases all of the high style of the Art Deco era.
- This Emerson Swan Model 5460-C stands 17 1/2 inches tall and is 13 inches wide.
- It features a 12 inch diameter polished aluminum blade that moves air quietly and efficiently.
- The fan is designed for 3 speeds, and with a simple adjustment, it can oscillate or remain in a stationary position as desired.
- The fan can pivot backward and forward on its base by applying force at the top of the blade guard.
- The base is cast iron, the blade guard is strong welded steel, and the front grille is chrome plated welded steel.
- The brass tag on the base and the Emerson decal on the motor are both original to this fan.
- The rear motor cover is spun aluminum polished to give the appearance of chrome.
- This fan can be easily oiled periodically depending on the amount of use.
- The cast iron base and blade guard were stripped to bare metal and given a glossy bronze finish with four coats of enamel paint.
- The gear box for the oscillator was cleaned of its old grease and given new synthetic high quality grease.
- The gears in the oscillator gearbox were found to be in very good condition.
- The motor was disassembled and cleaned, and power wires are in good condition.
- The motor bearings were also found to be sound.
- The aluminum blade and rear motor cover were polished.
- The front grille is chrome plated and in good condition.
- A new power cord was added and new green felt was inserted at the bottom of the base.
This fan is not only beautiful, it is fabulous and ready for operation and enjoyment!
SHIPPING: U.S. ONLY