Endeavour America's Cup J Class Yacht Wood Model 24" Boat Sailboat For Sale
Endeavour America's Cup Yacht Model 24" Endeavour America's Cup J Class Yacht Wooden Model Sailboat 24"
This high quality, highly detailed, intermediate level, Endeavour J Class yacht model is brand new, fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit). This item requires some semi-assembly you will need to raise up the mast.
This America's Cup Yacht Model was specially designed & built by the plank on bulkhead method (joining multiple small pieces of wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood together on the hull). The sailboat model is built exactly to scale as the original Endeavour was with many details. The task required skillful craftsmen hundreds of hours to accomplish.
The Endeavour was hailed as the most beautiful J-Class yacht ever built. She was the best and most impressive sailboat that Britain ever built to race in America’s Cup series. Endeavour had speed as well as beauty. Built in 1933 by T.O.M. Sopwith, the undisputed leader of the British aircraft industry, Endeavour possessed many new and innovative devices, including below-deck winches, new sail designs, and an improved spinnaker.
Even with an amateur crew, she came closer to winning the Cup than any other challenger up to that time. Endeavour was a faster yacht than her contender Rainbow. She beat Rainbow the first two races. However, the American team was a much finer crew and defeated Endeavour all next three races by out-thinking her captain. In the third race, as a direct result of Vanderbilt, the skipper of "Rainbow", failing to pull away, the yachts almost collided when Endeavour had right of way. Sopwith raised the protest Flag after the race in accordance to British rules. The race committee however dismissed the protest as the American rules stated the protest Flag is to be flown at the time of the foul. This prompted a British writer to comment, "Britannia rules the waves, but America waives the rules."
When Endeavour returned to England she continued to dominate the British racing scene until 1938 when she was laid up for the duration of World War II. Saved by Elizabeth Meyer of New Port, RI, today she is one of the most breathtaking sights on the water. To take helm of such a yacht is to experience pure power, grace, and speed.
The model measures 24" long from bow to stern. It's a fabulous boat model that will be a conversation piece for any room or office.
More Sizes of Endeavour & Other Model America's Cup Yachts Are Available.
Highlights about this model America's Cup Yacht:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on bulkhead” construction method
- Included with this intermediate level sailboat model is a solid wood base with a brass name plate
- Size: 24" overall length x 31" height x 5" width
- Condition: New (fully assembled) you just need to raise up the mast.
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this model sailboat
- Completed model contains thousands of details created by skillful master craftsmen.
- Made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood.
- Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of this model
- Extensive research through original plans and pictures make this model authentic
- This model went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please browse in Capt.JimsCar-go for more Museum Quality Ship Models, Old World Style Globe Hidden Bars, Nautical Brass telescopes and more...
(close the new window to return to this item)
- We accept PayPal (which
includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and e-checks). Payment is expected within 7 days
after sale closes. After that the item will be re listed.
- With ProPay we also accept credit cards Mastercard,
Visa, Discover® & American Express®.
Buyers please pay with PayPal.
- Massachusetts residents will be charged a 6.25% sales tax.
- Free shipping only within the continental 48 U.S. States.
- Item will be shipped within 3 business days of payment received confirmation via Fedex GROUND (approx. 2-5 business days within 48 states).
- A tracking number will be provided after the item has shipped out.
- All shipments are FULLY INSURED.
- Shipping is available to anywhere in the WORLD via Ocean Freight or Air Freight, please contact me for an exact quote.
- If shipping is to be to Alaska or Hawaii, or any other part of the world, please contact me for the exact shipping.
- International buyers are responsible for all customs & import fees, please contact your local post office for rates.
Packing: Models are securely packed with foam sheets, peanuts or bubble wraps. Most of the items are shipped double boxes. All tall ships expert level are fully assembled and packed in an extremely secure wooden crate which is boxed and sometimes double box.
Example:money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
- For damaged or defective items: Report any damage or defectiveness within 14 days of shipment arrival. The item will be replaced or a refund will be issued for the full cost of the item when replacement is unavailable. To get a replacement, please simply return the model (It's the buyers responsibility to return the shipment within 14 days after notifying me) please contact me to get a return authorization. For other reasons, restocking fees applied.
- This item was in stock at the time of listing. If this item should run out of stock you will be given the option of a full refund or use the messages system (Ask a Question, Contact Member) to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. This will assure that your message will be received.
This item has been shown times.